Re: Tell Me About Your Track Food. (And/Or Track Farts.)

We are the #668 Porsche with the 4.3L...not sure what our theme will be at this race yet, but you are more than welcome to stop on by, most like be making it friday night.

Chili. Mac and cheese. Porsche. I like you people already.

ninjacoco wrote:

The drivers may actually have more gas than their cars...

Pucker Factor Racing - Gator-O-Rama, Feb '11, Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas!, Oct '11
Scuderia Ignorante - Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas, Feb '12 (As seen in Car & Driver), Gator-O-Rama, Sept '13

jimbo_se-r wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:

The drivers may actually have more gas than their cars...

Don't need it. 944s sip fuel! (At least ours did.)

Someday, I need to find a way to turn farts into power. Then we'd totally DOMINATE!

I usually bring a turkey fryer with me, and I've fried everything from turkeys to Twix in the paddock. I also make what some Lemons staffers have told me are the best grits ever, and I have a large repertoire of other recipes I use. I made around 40lb of what my then-girlfriend and I termed Key Lime chicken last fall at CMP, which was a breakout hit. I need to refine that one.
At Sebring I'm planning to fry some alligator and fresh Keys mahi and shrimp. I've also been known to grill and bake at the track...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

56 (edited by Greg S 2014-05-05 01:41 PM)

The Feast of Saint Lemoni,  2014 NJMP. Saturday Night, May 10th. 

Spaghetti, Meatballs, Toasted Semolina Garlic Bread, Fresca's of Chianti, Pellegrino, Insalata, and Antipasto.

And if you ask nice, Espresso.

Experience it.

Mangia

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

West Coast races weep at the glory of Amanda's cooking!  She makes me special, just for me cuz I'm such a picky eater food. . . I've heard her fir to pie is AMAZE-BALLS!  And best of all, she stalks you to make sure you've eaten and drank enough during a race.  And the chick can wield a wrench!

Putting the "dirty" in Dirty Little Freaks Racing
~stalk us on facebook

Greg S wrote:

The Feast of Saint Lemoni,  2014 NJMP. Saturday Night, May 10th. 

Spaghetti, Meatballs, Toasted Semolina Garlic Bread, Fresca's of Chianti, Pellegrino, Insalata, and Antipasto.

And if you ask nice, Espresso.

Experience it.

Mangia

Greg

Great track food!  Thanks Greg.  And praise to St. Lemoni for blessing us with such great food & wine...  and the glorious Alfa V6 exhaust note.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Oh yes--this exists now: http://jalopnik.com/how-to-feed-yoursel … 1579419263

Very good article.  And thanks for the mention of the Fried Chili.  If you ever make it to a midwest race stop by the paddock to check out the PorsChevy and I'll make sure you get a bowl.

I would just like to point out that 3PM and their "alternate breakfast meats" agenda, is what is truly wrong with this country. Bacon is king.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

moemann wrote:

Very good article.  And thanks for the mention of the Fried Chili.  If you ever make it to a midwest race stop by the paddock to check out the PorsChevy and I'll make sure you get a bowl.

There are multiple Porschevies? Heh.

My friends bought one (928 with SBC) off some rednecks and it's so legit butt turrible, it doesn't even run.

ninjacoco wrote:

it's so legit butt turrible, it doesn't even run.

Sadly that is all too familiar.  One day we will have all the bugs worked out.  We seem to find something new each race.  Maybe Joliet will finally be THE race.