Topic: Jag V12 Questions

Okay, so I find this 86 Jag V12/ auto trans for cheap. I know nothing about this combo other than it would be fabulous in my Edsel build. I see it has a distributor, so electric should not be too challenging. What about the fuel side? Is this mechanical or heaven forbid electronic? I thought it was a GM Turbo 400 based trans if my memory of a Car and Driver road test is correct.
Do-able?

Mike Sr.

Re: Jag V12 Questions

Sure it's doable! A V12 Edsel would make you an instant Legend Of Lemons!

Repeat after me:

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Done. I just sealed the deal. My '59 Ranger 4 dr hardtop is pining for it's British transplant.

If (when) it grenades, I will make a coffee table out of the engine and sell it on Ebay.

Do I really need mufflers? It would sound so good without them. I'll take penalty laps if I can make noise!

I found the spindles I need for front disc swap and homemade caliper mounts and jeep rotors for the rear 9".

Remember Flounder? "Oh boy, this is going to be great!"

Mike Sr.

We've been trying to get the tracks to exempt noise rules in the case of V12s with zoomie pipes coming out the hood, but so far they haven't gone for it.

Just sold this to fund a new drag car motor. Plus I am the  Jaguar dealer in Charlotte. Let me know if I can help with anything. Don't know a lot about the old V12's but I will tell you that if you have a FI fuel system start looking for an old Etype setup. As you can see thats what I did on the rat rod. Scotty Scott

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86/mrfxst/IMG_1162.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86/mrfxst/IMG_1166.jpg

Mello Kab
1996 Crown Vic
2 time  Least Horrible Yank Tank Award

Thanks Scotty! I'm so over my head with this engine. I'm sure to need guidance down the road.

Mike Sr.

I think the FI is Bosch electronic. Maybe a good injector flush will make it work like new. Also the module in the distributor is a GM one.