Topic: Need some clarifications on rules.

-2.2 driver elegibility
What exactly is the Lemons membership card? I.E. Do I have to do anything special to earn it other than being accepted?

-3.1 Cage
Pretty sure I understand this. I was considering this cage with a X door brace and a main hoop diagonal. Just want to make sure it's kosher.
http://swracecars.com/store/images/cart/CAGEnewHC.JPG

Also, at what point do I get penalized for using the cage to add rigidity to the chassis?

-3.14 Battery
Is the battery itself cost exempt?

-3.22 Firewall
I want to build a midengine Metro. I want to make a metal firewall with some sort of scatter protection and a lexan upper section. Is this acceptable and exempt?

-3.28 Fenders
Are overfenders (metal) for a car with increased track permitted?

-4.1 Vehicle Cost
Probly a dumb question, but are cosmetic modifications (paint,etc) exempt?

-4.4 BS
I have access to a large pile of scrap metal and I'm very good at making things from broken industrial freezers. How lenient is the BS factor when it comes to things given for "free", especially junk that I already own?

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

Re: Need some clarifications on rules.

I'll do my best to help you, but keep in mind I'm just a competitor, not a official!

2.2:  Its just a card that you buy in order to compete.  You don't need to do anything to buy it, but you can loose it if you drive like an ass!

3.1  Assuming the tubes are the right thickness that cage with an X-brace should be just fine...but...is that a JEGS cage??  Those are not the best cages to use (personal experience).

3.14  Nope, though I don't think anyone is going to fault you too much for a battery,  just buy a used one.  An optima red top might get you a few BS laps!

3.22  That should be OK the big thing is if there are any holes in it were hot oil, smoke, blown engine bits, etc,  could get to you.

3.28  They are, but I have seen a few cars running without them,  they just let the rubber hang out!

4.1  Technically yes, but so long as its AWSOME it doesnt matter,  you can't put a price tag on AWSOME!!

4.4  The Lemons people like seeing stuff made out of old scrap metal, especially when the parts come from non automotive sorces like a freezer!  So my guess is that you would get lots of leiniency for things made from old freezer parts.

Hope this helps.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Re: Need some clarifications on rules.

3.28 Just remember that rubbing does happen, and if your sidewalls are the widest part of your car....

4.4 Scrap freezer compressor for "Mr. Freeze" theme: good. Scrap supercharger: bad. Technically all metal counts toward $500, but remember the more awesome the project, the less judges care. Use lots of metal (scrap or bought) to build an uberMiata: bad. Midengine Metro: probably very good.

And besides, unless you're really trying to come in first, BS laps don't matter.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.