1 (edited by kyvinaria 2009-12-15 01:06 AM)

Topic: Has a Skoda ever been entered?

After going through pictures and records of previous Lemons events, I haven't seen or heard mention of anybody entering anything made by Skoda.

Anyone here ever considering entering one? We've found an '87 Skoda 120 GLS for $200, and are thinking about entering it, if it runs well enough.

I can't find much information (In English, that is) on the damned things, but it looks like it'd be a fun little oddball, albeit slow (1174 Crazy CC's).

Re: Has a Skoda ever been entered?

Skoda? You're SO in.  Oh, and yeah, you'd be the first.

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Yes, enter it!

I know a guy in the Czech Republic who might be able to help you get parts.

Haha, good to hear such support. I appreciate that Murilee, we'll see if we can get the thing home, and then I may just take you up on that!

Guess it's time to think up a team name.

Mmm, pre-capitalism Skoda, yeah you'll be fine comrade.

gregtivo wrote:

Mmm, pre-capitalism Skoda, yeah you'll be fine comrade.

As long as we don't crack the head when the overly-complex cooling system breaks...

7 (edited by kyvinaria 2009-12-19 06:56 PM)

Update Time: We've officially got the Skoda on hold, and will be picking it up after Christmas. Time to get the snow-shovels and a tractor out!

http://www.hanshubers.com/auto/large/Skoda%20120GLS%20(1982)-2.JPG

Hooray, Lemons Škoda! I've been investigating the possibility of importing a Škoda of my own (early 70s 110R, see below), but I fear the California DMV would put me in a Kafka novel... which, of course, is totally appropriate when you drive a Czech car.

http://www.jukamotorsport.cz/images/gallery/renovace/skoda-110r/skoda-110r-21.jpg

Aaaah, the 100 series are pretty nice (Dare I say it - cute) little cars. Bit of a different radiator setup in those versus the 120 we've got, but ultimately the same engine. They just bored it out to by 174cc's and stuck a 5 speed on the back of it...

I can't wait to rip around with it on some ice. The RR configuration ought to make for fun times.

awesome.  i've been keeping an eye out for a skoda.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

I always liked Skodas  can't wait to see one at Lemons!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Looking forward to seeing it. Speaking of Czech cars I had a chance to buy a Tatra for $600 many years ago. Now that's a way to make yourself a Lemons legend, hard to beat an air-cooled rear-engine V-8!

Last time I saw on of those it was on a highway just north of Toronto, burning fiercely....a common problem at the time

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

jimeditorial wrote:

Last time I saw on of those it was on a highway just north of Toronto, burning fiercely....a common problem at the time

Let's hope that doesn't happen to us...knock on wood...