Topic: The City wants pay a visit.

In another thread...

m610 wrote:

For now the pile of junk in the kitchen following last night's hasty unload will have to stay there a bit longer because I think I'm going have to go back to bed.

Correction. I checked my messages and the city wants to inspect the premises today? The place is always a mess when I leave for a race, but city-visit bad?

Anyway, last night's the hasty unpack would be sure to make a bad impression. Plus some other stuff.

Re: The City wants pay a visit.

Good luck, it just depends on the inspector's agenda.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

It's private property. Tell them they need to make a appointment!

Duck it racing #97

I rent.

I'll see if any of them have a hankering to drive a race car. (Will try to win them over to the crapcan life-style.)

The carport is clean. It wasn't bad but there were a few cans of parts-cleaner diesel fuel they might not have liked. Taken care of.

It's still private property unless they have permission to enter which they need from the landlord/owner, And the landlord needs to give you the tenant notice of entry.
I hope it all blows over.
Hopefully what ever shit head neighbor called finds some bad karma

Duck it racing #97

I did get a call from the property manager.

I'm very pro-active regarding the neighbors and as far as I can tell they like what we are doing and are more then willing to cut us a little slack now and then because they know how far we go to go easy on them, including knocking on doors and asking if now is it an OK time for a cam break-in, and things along those lines. They are generally happy to see when we return from a race with the car in one piece and will come over and ask about our weekend. There is one elderly neighbor who seems most interested in what we are doing but periodically gets concerned about "chemicals" and dust (sanding paint and bondo), etc. We'll see.

Anyway, after a race the whole place gets a good cleaning, but I think I'll wait until today's visitors have come and gone before I go after the oil stains with gasoline and old rags.

m610 wrote:

Anyway, after a race the whole place gets a good cleaning, but I think I'll wait until today's visitors have come and gone before I go after the oil stains with gasoline and old rags.

Tide (the laundry detergent) is a great oil remover.  Wet the floor, spread some powdered Tide, agitate a bit with a brush or broom, then rinse.

We used to do the garage floors at the service station I worked at while in college.  I was always impressed with how well it worked.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

I'll try the Tide method. Gasoline works, but...

I was here most of the day and no one came by, and if they came by when I was out they must have been happy otherwise they'd have left a yellow tag. No yellow tag was found.

In Sacramento they come by if you rent and verify the property is up to code. It is to make sure a slumlord is not renting properties that are unfit for living in. Is this the same type of inspection that was happening Mike. If so they only look at the fact you have fire alarms, double strapped water heaters, proper electrical outlets, etc. They never looked at how I was treating the property, just wanted to make sure it was not a dump.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

I assume it was a neighbor complaining. I'll try to find out tomorrow. I try to stay way ahead of things regarding neighbors and if needed will try to smooth things out. I guess it's a bit like tracking down the car you might hit during a race to make good.

Maybe I should put together a swag package together for each neighbor.

Mike

It turns out the city was following up on some very old permits and my place was just one of many involved. It had nothing to do with my not-mess. Still, it was a good reminder of how I need to keep things neighborly. I think I'll make them all a goodwill swag packet anyway.