1 (edited by Dr. No 2010-01-17 06:21 PM)

Topic: Dr. No & the "take no prisoners" 007 Jaguar

Coming  soon to a Lemon's race near you. The 409 ci  Chevy powered 1970 XJ6 is currenly under construction. Pictures soon to follow.
Brought to you by Road & Trash Racing.
Follow the build-up at
www.Dr-No007.com

Dr. No

Dr. No-Disturbed Brilliant Mind behind the "take no prisoners" 007 Jaguar

Re: Dr. No & the "take no prisoners" 007 Jaguar

Send me photos of this car immediately! I'm working on a Jalopnik post about the super-rad cars we can expect to see in the 2010 season, and a 409 Jag would make a nice counterpoint to the Jag V12 Edsel.

Dr. No wrote:

Coming  soon to a Lemon's race near you. The 409 ci  Chevy powered 1970 XJ6 is currenly under construction. Pictures soon to follow.
Brought to you by Road & Trash Racing.

Dr. No

SWEET....what races will you be at??  I hope its the noral races.....not that I want to race against you, since you have an extra 2L MORE than I do...I just want to checkout the car!! 

Too cool.....are you gonna run the automatic?  We run an auto in the 928, but its not a chebby unit, its a Mercedes unit that is supposedly stronger?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

okay I have no patience, so I looked at the entry list for Sears Pointless...your on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Hmm.....I might have to ghettocharge the estate to keep up with that monster motor!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

5 (edited by Dr. No 2009-12-25 11:39 PM)

The  engine and tranni should be in by the end of next week.  Making the car lighter is our current goal.  Stock, these XJ6s weight in about 3800 lbs. The chevy transplant is 200 lbs lighter than the stock Jag 6 motor! You can follow the progress on our site at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cal5150/index.html
Doc No.

I love this build. Spend as much as you can on the cooling system. Those steam holers have little tolerance to heat.
Boy, it sure would look awesome being on the track with a V12 Edsel.
We could have a pool to see if the Chevy overheats or the Jag drops a valve seat at what lap. Too bad we can't afford a west coast trip.

7 (edited by Dr. No 2010-01-17 10:16 AM)

I've run into the over-heating problems with my street  '69 XJ-6 running a hi-po 350.  Seems like the engine compartments in these cars don't circulate air very well.  I have seen lots of stock Jags with overheated motors and blown head gaskets.  I've come up with my own solution and will send you some pic's later.  Keep checking our website :
www.Dr-No007.com
for updates and see my other cars.

Doc No.

thats cool.  you may get docked for that shiny red cheater motor though, but cool none-the-less!

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

You'll be able to dump quite a bit of weight just from gutting it....the 928 was rated around 3500lbs new...but its racing weight is 2860lbs nearly empty....so I would guess you can get the Jag down around 3000lbs pretty easy...

Overheating IS a serious problem.....make sure you put a massive radiator in the car.....even if it pops through the hood.....  The radiator in the 928's is 4 gallons..& they still run hotter than I would like!!!  THunderhill in August will be interesting!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

How can you abandon the Jaguar motor? I'm quite upset! wink

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

11 (edited by Dr. No 2009-12-26 09:17 PM)

Pad Rat,

I was at the last Lemon's at Thunderhill and was there when you car got claimed. You guys drove a great, clean race!   
    You will be glad to know I donated the '70 Jag motor and tranni to one of my neighbors.  He actually has more junk in his driveway than I do.  Now whenever my wife gets on my case about the front of the house looking like a used car lot, I just tell her we still don't look as bad as the guy next door.
   Any plans for running at Infinion in something?

12 (edited by magnusracing 2009-12-27 10:03 AM)

We hope to run Infineon in our Jaguar XJS V-12

We plan to run Phoenix in a month with the Jag also. Currently scrambling to replace the motor which, big surprise, blew a head gasket at Buttonwillow.

There used to be a Jaguar Sedan with a V8 conversion and zebra stripes that ran a couple races early on. They always seemed to have problems though.

Hope to see you up and running soon!

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

When I grow up I want to be like Dr. No, except maybe without the SBC.

Emily's Power for a Cure 1990 Mazda Miata (I Got Screwed 2014 Southern Discomfort)
Help in the fight against Neuroblastoma, a devastating childhood cancer.
http://emilyspowerforacure.com/

Bless you my Son.