Topic: Themes???

Is there any list or ?? for what themes have been done? We've got our idea but would hate to find out that it's been done repeatedly and is now "tired".
Thanks,
and no, it's not a cop car...

Nemo Money

Re: Themes???

We've seen more than a thousand Lemons cars by now, so there'd be no way to show you all the themes that have been used. This Jalopnik post has photos of all the cars at the last race, plus links to photos of the cars at almost all the races going back to '07.

I've also done some posts about the team costumes of Lemons: Part I, Part II.

If you know not to do a cop car you are already two steps ahead of the game.  Pitch a theme here and let Murilee shoot it down.  Or you could do this:

Now if someone would just bring a Mercury Villager minivan and wear Village People costumes, our mission would be complete.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

Are cop cars really a bad idea?

I think if people can think outside the black/white box its cool.  But there should seriously be a 10 lap BS penalty for any more black/white cars that show up with no friggin light bars on top.

"Oh another cop car, aren't you creative"
"We'll we thought nobody else would have one"
"10 laps for being LAME"
" sad "

Now if you were the Rock Ridge Toll Road Authority, or Hedley Lamar's Secret Service but I've been to two houston events, and the black/white theme is like soooo lame.  especially when on the same cookie-cutter cars.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

Yes, cop cars are a bad idea. 

In general, cop cars have been done to death.  Thought of a way to do it with originality?  It is still a cop car.  Also, don't have any working lights or sirens.  Section 3 of the rules.

You're better than that.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

I didnt know you couldn't have lights, sad day.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

any blues brother's cars yet (complete w/ jake and elwood)?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

I've been I just ONE Lemons race and saw a Jake and Elwood.

Blues Brother's Racing (actually a team name) was the People's Curse recipient at Arse-Freeze '08. 

Keep thinking.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing

Just curious if the whole Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine theme has been done...if so...ce la vie...if not free idea tongue.  I pitched it to the team but they killed it.

Yes, it was done and done very well.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

We are doing old school pimp

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

the first time we used something that was in the news - the cash for clunkers program.  So played off that with our Clunker Removal Action Plan (CRAP) car. 

For Sears Pointless - being in wine country we used a wine them with a twist, since I was such a whiner after Thunderhill - so with a slam on myself - we are the "No Whiners Wracing Team" sponsored by the "Napa Valley Whineries".  Corny I know, but hay, we got in.

Really there are PLENTY of themes from news items, sports or sports teams, government agnecies, 50's, 60's 70's themes, music themes, national or country themes, movies or movie characters, famous "cars", local area themes like we did with wine country, military (though that gets done alot -but still there is alot you can do with that), you can do "ethnic" themes, you can do old school pimp, the list is LONG for sure.  Enough with the cops, taxi's and Lemons stuff, be original

ifb_mole wrote:

we used a wine theme with a twist...

Sheesh. Twists are for cocktails, not wines.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

EvergreenDan wrote:
ifb_mole wrote:

we used a wine theme with a twist...

Sheesh. Twists are for cocktails, not wines.

Unless, of course, it's a LeMon twist

wrappedinbacon wrote:

Yes, cop cars are a bad idea. 

In general, cop cars have been done to death.  Thought of a way to do it with originality?  It is still a cop car.  Also, don't have any working lights or sirens.  Section 3 of the rules.

You're better than that.

Apparently only Batmobiles can have a working, flashing red light on the roof...

Team Co-Craptain, Los Cerdos Voladores
Plymouth Neon
Yeah, we're horrible...but we're LEAST Horrible

widgetsltd wrote:

Apparently only Batmobiles can have a working, flashing red light on the roof...

We got asked to turn that off after the first stint. 

I think that the rule came into play for '10.  Along with the requirement for fenders (drat!), this was the first I'd seen on a no light/no siren policy.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing

I raced 7 of these in my same car seen a lot of themes .I actually write some down for other teams refernces .

Just think out side of the box and be creative.

Eyesore Pimping are the kings/queens of it  with full team involvement.

If your whole team dresses in character from tech to finish that is what Lemons is about.

When I did Caltrans I painted my car orange CALTRANS stickers on doors 5 gallon cooler on roof huge street signs as spoiler/fin on rear of car.
My whole familt wore safety Orange and walked around with shovels,stp signs .I even had my 400lb fat mexican nephew standing around with a shovel .I even swept everyones pit area to get votes .I followed judges around and clean a path wearever they walked.

IWON THE EDITORS CHOICE AND $500 IN Nickles .

I think if your theme is not altering your aerodynamics  then the theme is not big enough .

Another race I covered my car in snow painted it green put Grinch on the roof with a sleigh and max .Walked around with grinch Boxers on the whole weekend.

JUST DON'T BE ANOTHER E 30 OR MIATA WITH STICKER AND CALL IT A THEME!!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Why doesn't someone do a Liberace theme? Rhinestones, bling, and 100-pound jeweled cloaks! Candelabras on the fenders! Coupe de Ville!

How about a pink car with a blond bimbo paris hilton looka like and have it full with chiwawa dogs ,cell phones and starbuck cups

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER

Or a limo with a bunch of prom date kids in it !!

fabtoys wrote:

Or a limo with a bunch of prom date kids in it !!

Hell yes! Someone get a limo!

23 (edited by bigds01 2010-01-02 08:33 AM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

Why doesn't someone do a Liberace theme? Rhinestones, bling, and 100-pound jeweled cloaks! Candelabras on the fenders! Coupe de Ville!

Dude that is what we are doing for the June DC race (if of course we get in).  94 Seville, already got all of the bling.

Totally going for Escape from New York.  Duke is the king.  All hail Duke.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible