Topic: 1982 Citation x-11

A buddy of mine told me he would pay me to take a 1982 Chevy Citation x-11 v-6 out of his yard!! has anyone run one of those?  heard those were real POS in the day

Re: 1982 Citation x-11

Yes, one was run.  It lasted less than an hour.  We nicknamed it "The Craptation."

Build Journal: http://schumachertaxiservice.com/journal2.html

Starting it at Stafford: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR1nRppuEu0

Other Stafford Pics: http://schumachertaxiservice.com/staff09/

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

DO IT!!! Don't hesitate, just build the damn thing. cool

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Great Lemons car! And if you get paid to take it, you can add that money to the $500 budget. Note that we're much more likely to believe the "paid to haul car away" story for a Citation than for, say, a Supra.

do it.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Believe it or not, they were pretty fast in their day. I was a very competitive Showroom Stock B vehicle.  Lot's of power.

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

lobster wrote:

A buddy of mine told me he would pay me to take a 1982 Chevy Citation x-11 v-6 out of his yard!! has anyone run one of those?  heard those were real POS in the day

The rear brakes had a tendancy to lock-up, other than that, what could possibly go wrong?

I always liked them.  Probably because they are a distant relation to my 67 nova

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

My grandfather bought two Citations new - same year, same options. I'd say he bought the second one for parts, but he didn't do his own work on them. They both crapped out permanently about the same time. I was never impressed by them.

weren't this the "hot-hatch" of their day....stuff the biggest (V6) engine in the little car and watch it go.....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Spud wrote:

Believe it or not, they were pretty fast in their day. I was a very competitive Showroom Stock B vehicle.  Lot's of power.

If I remember right they also held (and maybe still do) an NHRA pure stock ET record

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Steering would lock up frequently. Lots of accidents. A friend would back out his driveway and end up on the nieghbors lawn when it didn't turn. V6 4 speed was quick at the time.

get the money, take the car...worry about details later.

sergio wrote:

The rear brakes had a tendancy to lock-up, other than that, what could possibly go wrong?

Just disconnect them then.

Formerly an asshole driving an Infinity
Now just another cock with a Porsche
Chief bad decision maker of Team Lowbrau

As I recall, SSB was called the "X-11 Club" in the day...Not only are they quick, later 60-degree V-6 parts will fit...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

jimeditorial wrote:

As I recall, SSB was called the "X-11 Club" in the day... Not only are they quick, later 60-degree V-6 parts will fit...

yeah, that's what we thought, too.  until our team actually ran an X-11 in a Lemons race.  apparently the definition of "quick" has changed considerably over the years.

Murilee called the Craptation "the worst car ever brought to Lemons."

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11