Topic: Accepted to race in the Feb 6-7th race but...

I am two teammates short and need help. Do you or anyone you know want to race for my team. Two of my looser friends backed out last minute and not I cannot complete registration. I have the car a 1992 VW Jetta and have started the process of gathering up racing gear. If you have any insite for me please let me know.

Re: Accepted to race in the Feb 6-7th race but...

You haven't started the car?  Unless you, your friend, and the two morons (and I use that term lovingly) that you recruit are prepared to go without sleep for the next month, I'd wait for the next race.  Of course this assumes that you value your sanity, which many of us here do not.

You, sir, are what Lemons is all about.  Good luck.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

3 (edited by st_rage 2010-01-07 02:39 PM)

Some more serious feedback: 

Where are you located?

Which race you are talking about? (I know the Feb 6-7 race is Southern Discomfort @ CMP, but someone in Cali may not).

Post in the human resources section.  Also, read through and see if there's someone out there looking for a team.

Talk a little more about your car, theme, and yourselves.  People who really want to take the race seriously will be at odds with those that just want to have fun.  Make sure you provide enough info so like-minded people will recognize their like-mindedness!

Have you already paid the fees?  If no, I'd consider waiting for the next race and/or getting on a team with a car that's ready.  If yes I'd consider begging nick/jay to apply your fees to the next race.

Good Luck!

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

I am in Charlotte, and yes the CMP Southern Discomfort. I think you hit it on the nose looking for an existing team and prepping my ride for the next race.  Hopefully they will be understanding and not black ball be on the next one for not being prepard for this one. On that note. ANYONE NEED AN EXTRA DRIVER???

One option you have is to find a team that was not accepted or didnt register in time and basically merge teams with them.  Use their car, 2 of their drivers,the 2 of  you and your team(name).   You get to race, and not get black balled, and they get to race which they previously werent going to.

On the side,   I am in Concord and have built a few Lemons cars(picked up 3rd last weekend), if you need advice getting yours prepped, or some leads on some help, let me know.  Also, what kind of price tag is it to drive for you(provide the car is ready in time).