Re: Way too long?

Thought I'd pop in here and show some progress on the CRX of death.   I just got the "dash/cluster"  area all sorted out.  The three gauges are oil pressure, oil temp, and water temp.  The switches  near the gauges are blower motor for windshield de fogging.  An auxiliary fan for the radiator and a blank because I'm sure we will think of something else we need. 

The kill switch is on the left attached to the cage.  I remember seeing lots of other Lemons with the switch in a similar location.  The red button next to it is the start button. 

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/DiscoNichole/Mobile%20Uploads/20151114_153052_zpsi6izzmyb.jpeg

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

Love the wheel!  What is the purpose of the door handle on the right??

#33 Ford Festiva - Team Emoticons

I built the "dash" out of a lid of a tool box and just left the handle on it.

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

29 (edited by bronson 2015-11-15 09:56 AM)

Very nice, already looks more polished than 4/5 of the Lemons cars out there.  There's got to be some theme feature you can hook to the handle.

That foam looks squishy.  Make sure to read the rules about where the SFI-rated roll bar padding needs to go.  And, if drivers are sliding over that pipe insulation in and out, it's not likely to last until the end of the race.

The wrenches are mounting the button and switch to the cage?

> But I suspect you're asking if anybody has shown up in a new car and won, after Lemons was established in that area

Even that doesn't seem terribly interesting to me.  I'd like to know, has anybody shown up with a new team and won?  Cars are fairly disposable (Avis Aveo vids for evidence).

Our first race we were thinking we had a dialed Kraut machine and a chance at the podium.  HA ha aha ha ha.  Only took a few hours before I understood the saying about racing in the pits.  Now, if I could just convince the team to run some practice drills...

riding the space unicorn

All the padding is SFI rated padding.  I padded it the cage the same as our last car but with brand new padding.  It lasted two races in our krout machine and never showed any wear.  Unless the rules have changed about padding since last February then we should be good.

I love the re-purposing of the tool box lid.

It is hard to tell from this angle, but make sure the master switch and starter button are not too close to the steering wheel that the driver may hit them when hands start flying in a panic correction situation, but also not too far away that they cannot be reached when strapped in.

Is your master disconnect also going to be your ignition switch?  I would advise against that, and make your unused toggle switch an ignition switch.  There are times when it is handy to be able to have the power on, but not the ignition.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013