Topic: HVAC needed in SoMD / Chuck County: Know anyone?

Just learned that, apparently, my mom is heating her home with electric space heaters because her heater flue pipe is corroded and is a fire danger.

(oil burning furnace and hot water heater in basement of 2-story home, flue exits straight up through roof)

If anyone in the area has someone they recommend, please shoot me an email. My brother and I are on the other side of the US and we want to figure out how to cover this for her. Need someone willing to work with us for payment but schedule with her for install.

Home is located in Bryans Road / Marshall Hall area.

LeMons-friendly referrals appreciated.

Re: HVAC needed in SoMD / Chuck County: Know anyone?

Bump.

Anyone have a company they have used and like?

Spoke w/ Mom today and got some more details she said the water heater was converted to electric, so the chimney flue is just for the furnace. She said she stopped using it last year when she started smelling the exhaust fumes in the house.

Again, the layout is basement, main floor then attic space and exit through roof. It's a straight shot up.

Spank...
I can't help you with a referral,but I wanted you to know I share your pain when it comes to helping a relative in a far-off land....Mama lives in Albuquerque,I'm in SF,and I cringe when I hear her tell me that she needs a plumber,electrician,etc......I just know it won't end well.....
I hope it works out for ya.....

Somebody out there help this guy,K?

Good luck...
Mike

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

BigBird wrote:

Spank...
..Mama lives in Albuquerque,I'm in SF,and I cringe when I hear her tell me that she needs a plumber,electrician,etc......I just know it won't end well.....

My brother is in ABQ and while he does travel about 75% of the time for work, he has flipped a few houses himself in that area so I'm sure he's got a few local contacts. Reach out to me if you ever need a set of eyes or anything there for your mom, and I'll relay the request.