1 (edited by NYPD 323 2010-01-08 04:42 PM)

Topic: Sunroof with OEM metal panel

All sunroof openings must be covered by either the original sunroof panel

Does this mean with the roof closed on a A2 VW its ok? The early VWs didn't use glass panels till the A3s.

Deathmobile

Re: Sunroof with OEM metal panel

Huh?

He's saying the stock closure on the VW sunroof is a metal panel not glass so will he be ok if he just closes the sunroof with no further modifications.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

You should be fine. Lemons HQ has said that even glass sunroofs are ok so long as they are covered with tape.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I edited it. Thats what I get your typing when I'm stick and polished off a snapper.

So, yeah. I don't have to weld it shut or anything is what I want to be sure of. We have a welder so its no big thing.

Deathmobile

We removed the sunroof mechanism on our Jag, unbolted the sheetmetal, and welded it back in place without the 50 lbs of mechanical crap. I do have to recommend using a MIG welder instead of an arc welder, but my power cord for the MIG isn't long enough to reach my driveway. It's funny how all that heat can warp the roof...

sounds easier to just close it lol.

Deathmobile