26 (edited by BigPaul 2015-12-27 09:24 PM)

Re: Stupidest non-LeMons injury

I was the manager of a mobile home trailer park just west of Ft. Worth, TX in the 90's. The owner had a Dixie Chopper riding lawn mower to keep the grass in the empty lots in check.

One VERY windy hot Texas day I decided to go out and mow. About halfway through the job I ran over a giant fire ant nest, the ant mound, plus several hundred very angry fire ants shot out the side of the mower and promptly flew back onto me thanks to the cross wind. Mind you since it was a Texas summer and about 4 trillion degrees, I was clad in a pair of shorts, no shirt and flip flops (standard mower safe uniform for Texas). The ants covered the entire right side of my body and proceeded to exact their revenge.

Emergency room, multiple doses of epinephrine and some screaming later, I came home looking like the worst case of chicken pox ever recorded.

I almost broke Speedycop's nose several years ago... we were broken down on the side of the road in his old Dodge 4x4 rollback - this is several years pre-Lemons - and I was up top and he was under the truck. He asked me to hand him a big socket, 1-1/4 I think, and I was reaching it down through the fan shroud when it slipped and fell a couple feet onto the bridge of his nose. He yelled some very unchristian words, but it somehow wasn't broken.
My worst is probably the time I was prepping a Honda Passport for derby duty at Jeff's old house. Long story short, to strip the dash I had to take it out of gear. I had the parking brake set as hard as I could, and the truck was on a slight, gravelly incline. The pass. front door was open. I shifted it down to low gear (automatic) and it was holding. I rocked it, and it stayed put. So, thinking everything was OK, I started to work on the dash, standing on the ground inside the swing of the door. And that's when the truck started to roll back on me. There were other cars surrounding it, so I did my best Hulk push (I'm like 350lb and still have some of my football muscles left) on the door, which only served to bend it back and slow the roll a little bit. My feet skidded backwards on the gravel and, fortunately for me, there was an old LTD Wagon about 20 feet behind the Passport. Unfortunately for me, there was no room between the side of the Passport and the car next to it, so I wound up wedged into the fender of whatever POS it was sitting there, with the door holding me pretty tightly in place. I managed to bend it backwards so that it was almost parallel to the front fender to release myself with no real injuries other than some bruises and a hatred for gravel.

And then there was the time I hydroplaned off a bridge in a torrential, hurricane-esque downpour into 12 feet of black central Florida alligator-infested river water and had to kick out the window with the last bit of breath I had in me, then swimming to the surface while inhaling lungfuls of the amoeba-infested 88-degree water. No real permanent injuries from that, either, once the cracked ribs healed, other than a couple more scars...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

This is obviously not mine, but one I ran across while researching this post:

CATHS HIMSELF WITH A RUBBER FUEL LINE HE GETS FROM *** HARDWARE AND THE TUBING GOT SUCKED INTO BLADDER

How?
Why?
Huh?
I can't even.
Why?

So, that's the most bizarre non-LeMons automotive injury I've ever heard of--unless it was one of y'all trying to figure out how to pee in the car. If that's the case: DUDE, NO.

One of my teammates was trying to hang our old race car hoods on the wall of our shop.  Got 2 hung up and on the 3rd the ladder he was on leaning against the wall decided it didn't want to be a ladder anymore and collapsed in half.  He fell about 10 feet on to our work bench then the floor with the hood on top of him.  Very Very lucky he only ended up with a couple scrapes and some bumps and bruises.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!