Topic: What's Your 2010 Lemons Resolution?

Well, with New Year's coming around at the end of the week, it seems an appropriate time to ask: what's your Lemons New Years Resolution?

Mine is to try to complete a race, non-DNF, without having to swap a motor in the process. I know, reach for the stars, right?

So, what's your 2010 Lemons New Year's Resolution?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Re: What's Your 2010 Lemons Resolution?

To drive.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Mine's pretty much the same as Mulry's.  We broke early and often in our first race.  It was to be expected with the crapheap we bought and the time we had to get it on the track, but now we have no excuses.  Our Z must finish races in 2010.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Mine is to go and have at least as much fun as I did last time, and this time, take a french car.  And not give myself tetenus on it.  Should probably get an update on that shot.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Run a race with no penalties or major break downs.

The break down thing could be better if I didn't race a Z.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

davisriley wrote:

not give myself tetanus

i'm going with this one.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Typical young team resolutions:

- Less penalties
- Learn to drive
- Drink more beer
- Bring more women

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

---less penalties (none is best)
---more reliable engine (unlikely)
--- HAVE FUN (guaranteed)

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

To get this thread moved out of tech.

But seriously, to hopefully just finish another race with minimal problems.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

To have fun and let the chips fall where they may.

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

We ran so well last year so our goals are high for this time around.

1.  Run two races this year, the last few years we only ran on each so this year why not try more.  Afterall there are more races near us so why not?

2.  Less black flags.  Our team got its first black flag at Nelson this year....and then its 2nd...its 3rd...its 4th...  I dunno what the hell was going on but we just seemed to keep getting them until the night fell.  As much as I enjoy talking about Van Halen to Judge Johnny I think I'll try to do it on my time next year!

3.  Win something!  I know thats not the point of Lemons per say.  But we raced one of the 24 hour races last year, and we only had ONE repair to make, so we were on the track almost the whole time.  Getting a CAMARO to run an entire 24 hour Lemons event is something to be proud of I thinks.  So the only place to go now is up!  So maybe win our class, best American car, best beer I dunno something!

4.  Have more fun!  We have done well, we have blown up within hours of the race starting, but we have always had fun.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Actually get accepted to and compete in at least one race, and a finish might be kind of cool too!

+1

To race

Matt Z
Baghdad Taxi
2010 - Capitol Offense 79th place CRX hybrid (burns both gas and oil)
2010 - Longest Day 24 hour at Nelson Ledges

Get the car going... we are SOOOO far behind. I doubt we'll make the deadline of the February race...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:

Get the car going... we are SOOOO far behind. I doubt we'll make the deadline of the February race...

+1

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

We want to run a successful race in the coROLLa.  No rolls, no blown head gaskets.  Treat it like a proper whore, everyone gets a turn.  And drink beer.  We're pretty sure we can handle the last part, not sure if the coROLLa is up to the 1st part but we'll find out in a month!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Finish the trifecta.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Finish a race with out any break downs.....

Organizer's Choice Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 08', DNF Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 09'
Ugly Class 3 Winner Houston Gator-o-Rama  10', Ugly Class 3 Winner BFE Colorado 10', Ugly Class 3 Winner Texas World Speedway 12, We got Screwed Winner ECR 14', Barely Finished MSR 14' took a few years off but trying like hell for IOE in 2017!

With our first ever road race in a car we know nothing about I'm just hoping that I draw the card to drive first! I've never driven a FWD car and have never turned RIGHT in a race! If/when this car pukes we'll probably just leave it there and finish off our beer.Did I mention we know NOTHING about our car? Sorry, but if we have a great time in S.C. we'll probably go back to building the Camaro....or at least find something to put a SBC into!

1 - Finish the race with a running car
2 - No more Mime your Crime from Tommy
3 - Have a blast
4 - Bring more good tequila
5 - Mara has to drive at least some laps this time, we killed it before her turn last year.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

1st  To actually want to fix one of the broken race cars
2nd To quit building new race cars instead of fixing the ones we have
3rd quit telling johnny (Magnus) that i got 100 bucks for food and 1400.00 for liquor so everything is going to be fine when it fires up.

PEndEjO