Topic: Medical and Emergency Contact Info Helmet Decals

I just wanted to throw this idea out there for all my fellow Lemons racers.  My teammates and I have a decal like this prominently displayed on the back of our helmets in case of emergency.  Yes, I know this info may be available elsewhere, but someone will need to take the time to go and look it up, or find the paperwork in a file.  This way it's right there on your melon for all to see with no effort.

I had these printed at a local sign shop, but you can do it at home with a label maker, or with a Sharpie if you really that cheap.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/VKZ24/generic_info_zpsoelzdvz3.jpg

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Re: Medical and Emergency Contact Info Helmet Decals

This is a good idea. In club racing (I.E. SCCA, etc.) they have a "medical info" sheet on file for every driver entered in a race. They also require blood type, age, and name on the back of your helmet.

Only issue is if you share helmets.

rlchv70 wrote:

Only issue is if you share helmets.

Keeping in mind that this happens even though everyone has their own helmet...when you have multiple people on your team that misplace them more than twice per race.

5 (edited by billybobster 2016-01-12 03:09 PM)

jimbbski wrote:

This is a good idea. In club racing (I.E. SCCA, etc.) they have a "medical info" sheet on file for every driver entered in a race. They also require blood type, age, and name on the back of your helmet.

One of the HPDE orgs I run with has a medical form too. It goes in a sealed by the driver envelope with the car # and name on it. Only would get opened if needed. Otherwise the envelopes are shredded after the event. Having a full sheet is good because you can get more info in. As one gets older the list of medications seems to lengthen. Wonder why?

I think it's a good idea but I admit having to manage 700+ envelopes at a Sonoma race might be a challenge. Just occurred to me each team can do it for themselves too. I shall suggest this to my teammates, both form and helmet sticker.

Also on the DIY sticker, there are plastic laser printer labels. I have a packet which is yet to be used to label our track boxes.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

We have a Google Doc of all of the basic medical and emergency contact info for everyone on our team...just in case. 

If you know someone with a vinyl cutter, that's another easy way to get this info on your helmet.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

My uncle Warren had an idea that handled this. Unfortunately, despite some good press, the market didn't support it. That, and QR codes didn't become as universally accepted as some predicted.  http://www.bikecommuters.com/2013/06/05 … rgency-id/

My wife had a similar thought.
Although all she wanted the sticker to display was my Life insurance contact info & policy #.
She seemed very insistent about this after attending our 1st Lemons race....

William
Team SOB