Topic: CMP flagging

Can someone run through the flags at CMP?  After Nelson Ledges I have to admit I'm pretty confused.  I understand red.  Yellow is not passing, but is it a steady yellow or waving yellow?  White flag?  I've done a number of races, so if I'm still confused, maybe others are too.  Thanks for any help, I'd like to keep my "no black flag" streak alive.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Re: CMP flagging

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_flags

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

I don't remember seeing two yellow flags at NL, I remember a waving one and a standing one.  hmmm

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

I don't remember seeing two yellow flags at NL, I remember a waving one and a standing one.  hmmm

Each track does it SLIGHTLY different but those are what the big boys do.

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

All IMHO - NL was being a "macho" track and was mostly only giving corner yellows (one either standing or waving) - even for safety vehicles.  It felt like they, the track and workers, were trying to impress the Lemons organizers that they could keep the racing going.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Yeah, but their tow staff was so kickass, they didn't need full course cautions.

Except, of course, for my cousin.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Jer wrote:

All you really need to know is a yellow flag does NOT mean SLAM ON THE BRAKES.  All you need to do is back out of the throttle and not pass the guy ahead of you.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:

All you really need to know is a yellow flag does NOT mean SLAM ON THE BRAKES.  All you need to do is back out of the throttle and not pass the guy ahead of you.

seriously.  holy crap that was ridiculous.

and folks...please, PLEASE learn to look more than 5 feet in front of your car so that when traffic is stopped up ahead b/c people are slamming on their brakes at a yellow flag, YOU don't have to also slam on your brakes.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11