Re: Barber:, who's in, whatcha bringing?

gerryrin wrote:

Got home a few hours ago exhausted! Good grief the wind was horrible. This is our third year doing Barber and each time the wind has been blowing like a hurricane coming across I-20 Back to Dallas. Anybody else fight it on the way back?

Add 3 instances of 1/2 visibility in snow and couple of icy bridges...yeah, had that.  The worst wast not surprisingly in in wind farm...firdt time I have ever seen them all turning and none of them pointing exactly the same way.

So...I guess that's a "no" on the Cease and Desist" theme for next time...

That's okay....I guess sad

Explain: I mosied on over the the Lowballers paddock on Sunday to trade t-shirts and had the pleasure of spending some time with what I found was the major portion of the Team braintrust. During our convo we touched on the supreme respect I have for teams such as theirs that come up with not only original ideas but also posess the technical skill to see them to fruition. So, the subject of Ken Block comes up and one of the Lowballers (I can't remember who) says that he will either think their theme is hilarious and flattering or he will get all lawyered up on them. What comes next is a staccato spouting off of an entire theme revolving around a hypothetical Cease and Desist letter from the Gymkhana outfit, directed at the Lowballers; from car decor to costumes to the BS skit to the involvement of every other team through passive recruitment, they had it all made up in their heads and shared via groupthink within, oh, 45 seconds. I gotta tell you, seeing their symbiosis explains how they have had the success they've enjoyed. They are all smart, motivated and slightly crazy.

Because...well, Lemons.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

The Knoxvegas guys are awesome.  Very humble for their talents building cars.  They have the engineering prowess and creativity.   Great drivers too.  That is one thing that tends not to get discussed much, but they can drive.  We know the challenges of driving a Geo with a funky weight distribution and goofy handling.   They are driving their cars fast. 

Wish we ran more races with those guys.  They get it.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Anybody on here with the 44 Landshark team?  Had an awesome battle for like 10 laps late Sunday just wanted to chat about it.

2014 Barber (in the Burningham #150 Porsche 944) 4th overall
2015 Barber (in the Burningham #150 Porsche 944) 5th overall, CMP (in the #100 Alexander Racing Accord) 30 something overall
2016 Barber (in the Burningham Too #255 Lexus SC300) 12th overall after 28 penalty laps

A note to the Lowballers, as your train of vehicles drove away, it looked like the black trailer on the last vehicle had no running lights, but the brake lights were working.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

5benracer wrote:

Anybody on here with the 44 Landshark team?  Had an awesome battle for like 10 laps late Sunday just wanted to chat about it.

You guys have a bad fast car, not just straight line speed but well set up and from what I saw as you disappeared ahead of me well driven.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

gmo1515 wrote:

I thought Mr Barber bringing over his "backup car" Sunday afternoon was a nice surprise. Despite the high-class appearance of this track, he and the Barber crew seem to "get" Lemonsand what it is about. I certainly hope to see many more events here in the future (though I may be a bit biased since it is just across town for me).

-Jason

Mr. Barber asked Judge Steve about 100 other questions and seemed genuinely interested in towing their 200SX to a non-Barber race. Those guys all had a blast.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

rmcdaniels wrote:

A note to the Lowballers, as your train of vehicles drove away, it looked like the black trailer on the last vehicle had no running lights, but the brake lights were working.

Thanks, they were fixed when the truck ran out of fuel less than 5 miles from the track.... Apparently the fuel gauge stopped working. And it was getting worse MPG that usual...

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers

I'd also like to thank OnkelUdo and the Bad Decisions team for letting me mooch beers and cokes all weekend.  Your hospitality is always appreciated.  You're a great group of guys.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

chadadams59 wrote:

I'd also like to thank OnkelUdo and the Bad Decisions team for letting me mooch beers and cokes all weekend.  Your hospitality is always appreciated.  You're a great group of guys.

Chad,looked at the lap times yet?

No.  Why?

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

212 (edited by Brett85p 2016-02-09 01:30 PM)

chadadams59 wrote:

No.  Why?

My car is faster than yours smile
Fireball 1:55:964
Apocalyptic 1:55.898

Brett85p wrote:
chadadams59 wrote:

No.  Why?

Sounds like a set of twins arguing over who is the oldest. wink Brett, was that before or after Montoya wreaked havoc upon Mr Barber's immaculate lawn?

-Jason

PS: Enjoyed meeting you both.

gmo1515 wrote:
Brett85p wrote:
chadadams59 wrote:

No.  Why?

Sounds like a set of twins arguing over who is the oldest. wink Brett, was that before or after Montoya wreaked havoc upon Mr Barber's immaculate lawn?

-Jason

PS: Enjoyed meeting you both.

This was after the Montoya incident. Prior to that Fireball was 0.1 sec faster.
I took the car out after to check the sketchy brakes and managed to squeeze that lap out.

Was cool to meet and catch up with so many people as well. It's always good to put faces to names.

Before Montoya: 0.1 seconds faster
After Montoya: only 0.066 seconds faster

So its official: Montoya broke it wink

-Jason

Our fastest lap...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6cy8kh … e=youtu.be

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Our fastest lap...

When was this?  I remember looking in the mirror one time early Saturday and seeing those headlights coming and thinking this dude is coming I better get out of the way.  I saw you go over the tunnel turn, which I have made a thousand times or more, thinking there is no way I have the balls to go over that hill in a full slide like that.  And I drive it pretty fast, but not that fast.  That is one place on the track I leave just a little speed since there is no room for error there.

Good race by you guys, you deserved the win, look forward to tangling again in the future.

2014 Barber (in the Burningham #150 Porsche 944) 4th overall
2015 Barber (in the Burningham #150 Porsche 944) 5th overall, CMP (in the #100 Alexander Racing Accord) 30 something overall
2016 Barber (in the Burningham Too #255 Lexus SC300) 12th overall after 28 penalty laps

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Our fastest lap...

Do you guys have a build page/thread on the car?  We never got a chance to visit your pit and see it up close.  All we saw were the tail lights as it left us in the dust!

I also agree you guys ran a clean race and deserved the win.  Lots of the times the really fast cars seem to drive like a dick, but you guys were courteous out there from our perspective.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Our fastest lap...

And with traffic in the corkscrew too!

That car was super quick and fun to watch in my mirrors and passing me quickly all weekend. Congrats guys!

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

220 (edited by TeamLemon-aid 2016-02-10 02:56 PM)

Fastest lap was about an hour in the race.  We had several laps in the 1:51 - 1:53 range throughout the weekend.  I think Greg had the four fastest laps for us, and my fastest lap of 1:52 was the 5th fastest lap. My fastest lap Saturday was probably about 2pm.   I had a 1:53 on Sunday and Greg's fastest on Sunday was a 1:51. 

So he or I may have been the driver out there.  The track is phenomenal and the G's you can pull are great.  Crabbing through the chicanes was a blast.

We were somewhat bi-modal in our times between our 4 drivers.  We were low 1:50's and low 2:00's. 

We have build photos, but no build thread or blog.   I need to do that.

221 (edited by TeamLemon-aid 2016-02-10 02:57 PM)

Error

Chris may have forgotten about these posts on the Geo Metro forum: Not quite a build thread but you'll get the idea.

http://geometroforum.com/topic/3081414/1/

LemonAid Racing
"Changing Kid's lives one lap at a time"

gmo1515 wrote:

He did manage to keep it off the grass. Only had the rear GoPro running but here it is: https://youtu.be/_dY7_yU0NLk

mr.ballsout wrote:
gmo1515 wrote:

He did manage to keep it off the grass. Only had the rear GoPro running but here it is: https://youtu.be/_dY7_yU0NLk

Looks like the left front locked up by the tire smoke

Oh yeah!!! Thanks Ajay!!! I added an update.

3banger wrote:

Chris may have forgotten about these posts on the Geo Metro forum: Not quite a build thread but you'll get the idea.

http://geometroforum.com/topic/3081414/1/