Topic: Muliple in car Cameras

I have 1 in car camera that I have mounted on a rollbar so you see through the windshield.  I've been thinking of adding another camera aimed at the driver or maybe out the the back of the car.  Does this seem like a waste of time/money to have multiple cameras or should I just have the one "standard" one?

Re: Muliple in car Cameras

We had 4 at Infineon.  One looking at the driver, one on the front bumper, one facing backwards and one mounted behind the driver out the windshield.

We currently have 3 in our arsenal and usually set up multiple mount points so we can move them around as the mood strikes us.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

The best set-up I like is an in-car camera where you can see out the windshield and enough of the driver to see the steering and shifting, then a second camera that is a PIP (picture in picture) of the drivers feet. It is very informative when you watch it after the race. You can really see what is going on.