Topic: Ghost Ride the Whip Suggestion

I was just reading the in-depth post about it on Jalop and noticed the comments about adding a subwoofer.
While it would add significant weight to put one in, it would NOT add weight to simply add a 10" or 12" hole and having a team bring an old sub with them to put in at the track to avoid shipping... hell, I've got 2 old 10s, a 12 and a couple 15s out in the garage somewhere and I'd be happy to donate them for the upcoming CMP and Summit Point races.

Heck, this actually has me considering building a portable "boombox" like that one just for track use. I drive a Cummins, I've got over 2000 cranking amps on tap under the hood. big_smile

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Re: Ghost Ride the Whip Suggestion

The amp in the GRTW Speaker Box has some line-out RCA jacks, so if you provide an additional amp/sub rig we'll be glad to add it to the Ghost Ride Penalty Vehicle. In fact, you'd probably get a Get Out Of Penalty Box Free card for that.

if you have a trailer hitch, I could probably get some CDJ cd turntables and do some live mixing on the trunk for the next local event big_smile

Team Dai Hard Home Page

1989 Daihatsu Charade

My truck has 2" receivers front and rear, a convertible fifth wheel/gooseneck setup, and a bumper hitch. Of course, I doubt you'll be at the upcoming Lemons South race... big_smile

djcommie wrote:

if you have a trailer hitch, I could probably get some CDJ cd turntables and do some live mixing on the trunk for the next local event big_smile

My Civic has a trailer hitch. No idea why, but it has one. So, yeah, bring the DJ gear!

What kind of trailer does one pull with a Civic?

ronman wrote:

I have no idea. I bought the car from its second owner, who also had no idea how/why it got a hitch. Maybe a hot-dog cart? Jet-ski trailer?

MurileeMartin wrote:
ronman wrote:

I have no idea.

No kidding.  A Civic's way too large, powerful, and repairable for any reasonable towing application.  Well, maybe if it's a CVCC with a two-speed Hondamatic; that would be adequate.

Mike Harrell

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Tire and tool dolly for auto crossing is rather popular. Should see how people look at an S2000 with a hitch on it.

ronman wrote:

http://priuschat.com/forums/attachments/gen-ii-prius-main-forum/9427d1211899430-hitch-mounted-bike-rack-pix-bluronprius2.jpg

Touche, Roadrunner, touche.

ronman wrote:

Touche, Roadrunner, touche.

ROFL big_smile
When I had a Civic, I had a receiver hitch installed because I didn't like the strap on bike carriers. (one bent a buddy's trunk and he said he almost lost the bike) Otherwise, it probably wouldn't have occurred to me.

May I request Anthrax Caught in a Mosh for the next Mosh pit.

Deathmobile

To get back on topic...  Jonny, if you play anything by Cameo, "Ghost Ride The Whip" will be my favorite penalty by far.  Talk about punishment.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

WORD UP!