Topic: What year is this Nova ?

http://www.team2stool.com/nova.html

Re: What year is this Nova ?

75 to 78?

That style Nova has the "wide" upper A arms, similar to the Camaros.  The older Novas had the short ones.  Wider is better.  (They are also the same for coupes as well as 4 doors).  Back when I was circle tracking, all I could find was 4 door front snouts after I hit the wall one night.  Measured them up, they are exactly the same....

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Its an automatic , I could not figure out how to open the hood, So I dont know if 8 or a 6, I would guess that it would be not to hard to put a V8 with a 4 speed or 5 speed in it ?? I also think it could be lightened up alot,  what do yaz think ?

I think the hood release is under the bumper, T-handle with a cable to the latch.

Keep the yellow paint, add some garish red on some panels, call it De-evolution, then play "Satisfaction" by Devo in the pits.  Oh and wear yellow vinyl raincoats.

TeamPaisley wrote:

Its an automatic , I could not figure out how to open the hood, So I dont know if 8 or a 6, I would guess that it would be not to hard to put a V8 with a 4 speed or 5 speed in it ?? I also think it could be lightened up alot,  what do yaz think ?

When I was circle tracking in the late 70's, these were the hot setup. SBC was a factory option so the V-8 4/5 sp should be no problem. Very easy to set up the front end (shimmed upper A-arm)...they're sort of a hybrid with a front clip like a full frame car but bolted to a unibody. Add subframe connectors. And BTW, there should be lots of stock car guys that can build a good cage for these. Some prefer these to later GM "Metric" A-bodies...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....