Topic: Datsun 510s

So ive been looking for a datsun 510 on and off for about a year and can't seem to find one to even go look at.  I would like a 2door manual in fixable condition but would be interested in any door trans combo as long as its fixable.  I've check the 510 forums, craigslist, ebay etc but no luck.  I know they are hard to find in the midwest and wouldnt mind travling a little to get one.

Anyone have a magic location or forum, website where i can find one?  Is it a pipe dream to try an find one in the midwest?

Im not looking to use it as a Lemons car, just a nice driver with a few light mods.

Re: Datsun 510s

http://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/5851395456.html
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ … 52076.html
check this one out>> http://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/5889754988.html
https://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/5848807048.html
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5838748779.html
http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5848027024.html
this is probably what you want>> http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/c … 35779.html
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/5857064749.html
http://waco.craigslist.org/cto/5855473531.html
abandoned project car >> http://santafe.craigslist.org/cto/5863067986.html
not a 510>> https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/5862592013.html
LOL at $$>> https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/bks/5871979474.html
repost with less $>> http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5890030879.html
some people are just, make sure to be vaccinated >> http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/cto/5833140650.html
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5856245963.html
lol again>> http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ct … 09873.html
I detect BS> http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ct … 72646.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5889593407.html
http://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/5890800424.html

have fun shopping smile

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu - 4 races, IOE, Incredible Feats in Badge Engineering 1996 Ford Probe GT - under a knife
http://i.imgur.com/m3KbADo.gif

Re: Datsun 510s

Thanks for the links, how did you find those that fast?

Re: Datsun 510s

searchtempest.com is your friend.

Re: Datsun 510s

I tried searchtempest but i dont get that many result.

Re: Datsun 510s

searchtempest it is. look up how to set the search criteria properly.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu - 4 races, IOE, Incredible Feats in Badge Engineering 1996 Ford Probe GT - under a knife
http://i.imgur.com/m3KbADo.gif

7 (edited by mgbgt89 2016-12-06 02:55 PM)

Re: Datsun 510s

Datsuns rust so bad I wouldn't want one from the midwest even if i did find one there.

I happened to find a 510 in the background of an ad on craigslist for a corvair. He was cleaning out 500 cars from his dads property and only listed the cars that weren't "scrap." I bought a 65 chevy C20, and he basically threw in the 510 for free. 4 door, fairly solid car.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13466416_10209495049474151_5611720050207405715_n.jpg?oh=3985f23d6f48480580954c614aca73ed&oe=58F960E3

It's just yard art at the moment, But better in my yard than the shredder.

Had I been thinking, there were about 5 others I should have saved from there. Top of the list was a Rust free 69 Econoline. There were only about 40 cars left by the time we got there, Apparently he already sent 2 510s to the shredder. He only thought the muscle cars were worth something, which were the first to get sold.

Re: Datsun 510s

mgbgt89 wrote:

Datsuns rust so bad I wouldn't want one from the midwest even if i did find one there.

I happened to find a 510 in the background of an ad on craigslist for a corvair. He was cleaning out 500 cars from his dads property and only listed the cars that weren't "scrap." I bought a 65 chevy C20, and he basically threw in the 510 for free. 4 door, fairly solid car.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13466416_10209495049474151_5611720050207405715_n.jpg?oh=3985f23d6f48480580954c614aca73ed&oe=58F960E3

It's just yard art at the moment, But better in my yard than the shredder.

Had I been thinking, there were about 5 others I should have saved from there. Top of the list was a Rust free 69 Econoline. There were only about 40 cars left by the time we got there, Apparently he already sent 2 510s to the shredder. He only thought the muscle cars were worth something, which were the first to get sold.

Nice yard art, I figured searchtempest out and I'm finding more 510s but they are all far away.  Your right about wanting one from the midwest, they are just not around anymore.  Your car looks decent in the photo, hard to tell the extent of the rust looks like its a good start to a project.  Is it a manual or auto?

I may need to scrape this idea until I find my self out west and can find one to ship/drive back to IL.

Re: Datsun 510s

Yeah;  Datsun 510's and Midwest just don't go together. Cars of that era, especially Japanese cars came pre-rusted.  The salt air on the boat over gets it started and all you need to do is drive it in the rain/snow and your can get rust through in less than 5 years.  I haven't seen a street legal one, other then at car show in 20-25 years!  I've seen a few on the race track however.

Re: Datsun 510s

jimbbski wrote:

Yeah;  Datsun 510's and Midwest just don't go together. Cars of that era, especially Japanese cars came pre-rusted.  The salt air on the boat over gets it started and all you need to do is drive it in the rain/snow and your can get rust through in less than 5 years.  I haven't seen a street legal one, other then at car show in 20-25 years!  I've seen a few on the race track however.

This one says it is street legal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAgNm3CS7E

Re: Datsun 510s

A friend is getting one from a recently deceased friend.  After he gets it, I'll try to get back with this.  In SE PA.

Silent But Deadly Racing- Chief cook and bottle washer, Former Flyin Turd Race Team Captain 
Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie
Besmirching race tracks in the Eastern US since 2001

Re: Datsun 510s

email sent re one sorta close to me.

Re: Datsun 510s

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

A friend is getting one from a recently deceased friend.  After he gets it, I'll try to get back with this.  In SE PA.

Thanks!

Spank, I'm sorry I missed your email last week.  It went to my junk folder, its fixed now.

Re: Datsun 510s

I'm still looking for a 510 if anyone knows of one for sale or sitting somewhere.  The closest I came to getting one was from Idaho but the shipping was more then the car.

mgbgt89 I sent you an email, hows that 510 yard art doing?  Ready to sell it?

Re: Datsun 510s

My friend didn't take the 510  mentioned.  sorry

Silent But Deadly Racing- Chief cook and bottle washer, Former Flyin Turd Race Team Captain 
Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie
Besmirching race tracks in the Eastern US since 2001

Re: Datsun 510s

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

My friend didn't take the 510  mentioned.  sorry

Thanks anyway.  I hope it went to a good home

Re: Datsun 510s

did you get my email on the CL one?

Silent But Deadly Racing- Chief cook and bottle washer, Former Flyin Turd Race Team Captain 
Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie
Besmirching race tracks in the Eastern US since 2001

Re: Datsun 510s

This has been sitting behind my shop for a year or two, but it's a 4-door automatic:

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-pj-picture6685-510-1.jpg

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Re: Datsun 510s

rmcdaniels wrote:

This has been sitting behind my shop for a year or two, but it's a 4-door automatic:

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-pj-picture6685-510-1.jpg

If its clean enough to fix I would be interested.  Does it have a title?  does it have floor pans or are the rusted out?  how much are you looking to sell it for and where are you located?  You can email me if thats easier gsxr_600@hotmail.com

Sir Thomas, thanks for the email I saw that one