Re: The ultimate Lemons Racing ???? fast vs slow car

magnusracing wrote:

I'm racing a Jaguar XJS V-12. I think that's my answer.

My only encounter with one of those beasts was at work, it had dropped a valve and I had the whole car suspended(as in wheels off ground) by the left cyl head with the bolts undone hoping it might come off.  After a week and much air hammering I gave up...

The570z wrote:
magnusracing wrote:

I'm racing a Jaguar XJS V-12. I think that's my answer.

My only encounter with one of those beasts was at work, it had dropped a valve and I had the whole car suspended(as in wheels off ground) by the left cyl head with the bolts undone hoping it might come off.  After a week and much air hammering I gave up...

We Copper Coated the first head gasket onto our L-Series Nissan/Datsun.

It was a Stone head gasket if you're curious.

When the head had to come off due to an engine seizure, it didn't want to.

Not nearly as dramatic as lifting a Jag off the floor but we did pick the engine and stand off the floor trying to get the head off.  My friend stood on the engine stand and we finally got the head gasket off.

Copper Coat does not work that way on a Fel Pro head gasket.

All this in a pursuit to go faster.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

I agree with Sir Thomas Crapper.

I'd like to finish an event before "spectacular failure" sets in at a second or third event.

My team has a slow car that is unreliable, so I think we're doubly screwed. If it holds together long enough for everyone to get an hour in the car I think we'll be happy. Then we'll swap my 472 Cadillac into the Jag and try for some speed.