26

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

The El Rauncho will be there.  Looking forward to maybe finishing a race, maybe?

1965 Ranchero

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

Pro Crash Duh Nation is in with the black #26 Alfa. So right after I finished putting the race car motor together before NHMS the Duramax in the dually decided to crack a piston. We towed the car to New Hampshire in a borrowed trailer pulled by a friend and rented a box truck for the spares and tools and Pasta Party food and gear.  I'm hoping I can get the truck together for the tow to Road Atlanta while trying to prep the car for the race.

I want to bring a ton of spares because after the long tow from Long Island I don't want to go home early.

No one on the team has ever turned a wheel at Road Atlanta. I've heard that for every 100 plus cars racing per weekend at Road Atlanta they average 5+ cars that are written off for crash damage. I'm excited about racing at an iconic old school track but kind of pissed that there won't be any practice or testing day to let the drivers get a shot at experiencing and learning the track before we are racing on it.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

The Jag will be there with an all star line up of drivers.
We will try and stay out of the way of people wanting to spin off into turn 10A.

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

We will be there with the Hatsune Miku e36 in full song.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67
https://youtu.be/qmf9JkedPR8

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

For those of us studying YouTube videos at home, Lemons will be running the support paddock (read: not the main paddock) according to their track manager.

The Pentastar whisperer

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

Dave, have you sorted the power loss issues on the Gremlin?

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

VanillaHaze wrote:

Dave, have you sorted the power loss issues on the Gremlin?

No, I'm getting ready to install a different power-train, carb and HEI. Pontiac Power!

It Ain't My Fault

33 (edited by VKZ24 2017-11-01 06:45 AM)

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

Bayley wrote:

For those of us studying YouTube videos at home, Lemons will be running the support paddock (read: not the main paddock) according to their track manager.

Edit:  So from looking at the track map, do you mean will be using the pit row on the side of the Support Paddock vs. the Main Paddock?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

VKZ24 wrote:
Bayley wrote:

For those of us studying YouTube videos at home, Lemons will be running the support paddock (read: not the main paddock) according to their track manager.

Edit:  So from looking at the track map, do you mean will be using the pit row on the side of the Support Paddock vs. the Main Paddock?

According to the track manager, this is where we'll be camped out for the weekend:

https://i.imgur.com/fcxgT3u.jpg

The Pentastar whisperer

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

Bayley wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:
Bayley wrote:

For those of us studying YouTube videos at home, Lemons will be running the support paddock (read: not the main paddock) according to their track manager.

Edit:  So from looking at the track map, do you mean will be using the pit row on the side of the Support Paddock vs. the Main Paddock?

According to the track manager, this is where we'll be camped out for the weekend:

Trans Am used the Support Paddock as well when we were there in April. It was plenty of space and getting on and off the track wasn't a problem. The pit in / blend line area is a little bit sketchy so I'm sure that will be highlighted at the driver's meeting and rookie meeting.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-pj-picture6708-porter387.jpg

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

We will be there as noobs doing our first ever Lemons race. We have no idea what we have gotten ourselves into but looking forward to it.
Bought an 83 Celica "The Squirrel" from a team who upgraded cars. Threw some new tires on it and repainted it with a last minute idea so we are off to a good start.

38 (edited by SpaceFrank 2017-11-07 11:13 AM)

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

I'll be there driving Jason's '64 Valiant 4-speed. Any chance someone will be passing by ATL around 9 AM Friday morning?

Also looking for a warm place to drop a sleeping bag. Will weld for floor space!

Command Pilot/Flight Director, Escape Velocity Racing
Index of Effluency, Heroic Fix, Class C Trophy, now hopelessly gunning for Class B.
Currently 1-2 vs. Team Fairlylame in the Class of 1964 Championships

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

Wheel Team 6 will be there, with 2 returning drivers and hopefully a non-flammable car.

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

belmontspecial wrote:

Wheel Team 6 will be there, with 2 returning drivers and hopefully a non-flammable car.

At least we know that you can handle things if it turns out to be non-non-flammable.

eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

therood wrote:
belmontspecial wrote:

Wheel Team 6 will be there, with 2 returning drivers and hopefully a non-flammable car.

At least we know that you can handle things if it turns out to be non-non-flammable.


Hell the fire was the easiest thing we did all day!

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

I'll be there, racing a rear-wheel drive car for the first time ever.  I'm a little worried about controlling it while powering out of corners, what with its monster 159 lb-ft. of torque.

10x+ Loser, Free Agent
Team Resignation - We are not really from Iran - Byte Marks - The f..king new guys
Heroic Fix - I Got Screwed - Organizer's Choice - Class B Winner

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

Any idea on car count?

Team Fairlylame
HumidiTT '14 IOE Winner

44 (edited by autoxmike 2017-11-24 05:47 PM)

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

Brett85p wrote:
Straight6er wrote:

So really no test and tune for this race? Wow this should be interesting for the half of the field that has never been on the track. Maybe I’m reading the race info wrong or should say I hope I’m reading it wrong.

Barber was the same first couple of years, it is a relatively even playing field except for those in that have run the track with other series ..... I'm looking at you Hong North! smile

Hong Norrth will be there but not with the Supra. We will be running one of the venerable MX-3s. 117 WHP baby!!!

A lap of Road Atlanta...

http://youtu.be/-m3KdCAeLXg

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

Zero Energy Will be there, both zero and the oscar.

Capt. Zero Energy Racing
Somewhat quick and moderately angsty.

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

autoxmike wrote:
Brett85p wrote:
Straight6er wrote:

So really no test and tune for this race? Wow this should be interesting for the half of the field that has never been on the track. Maybe I’m reading the race info wrong or should say I hope I’m reading it wrong.

Barber was the same first couple of years, it is a relatively even playing field except for those in that have run the track with other series ..... I'm looking at you Hong North! smile

Hong Norrth will be there but not with the Supra. We will be running one of the venerable MX-3s. 117 WHP baby!!!

A lap of Road Atlanta...

http://youtu.be/-m3KdCAeLXg

Damn I was looking forward to a Celica - Supra showdown.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
16x Loser with the Celica. 5 times loser in other fine machines

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

Looks like we got our last 2000 rpm back that we lost sometime between Barber checkered and CMP Fall green so Das Camaro will live out her (petit) Le Mans fantasies in the spirit of her distant GT cousins.

And count me in the Grateful camp vis-a-vis Friday testing. Atlanta intimidates me even on Gran Turismo (or Forza??) so I was figuring my first hour under green on Saturday was going to be akin to a funeral procession. Now that we can test, I might crank it up to Del Boca Vista Blvd. speeds.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

The car was the one...

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

Correction: the Valiant won't be ready in time, so now I'm on Team Rambler.

(Will still weld for warm floor space)

Command Pilot/Flight Director, Escape Velocity Racing
Index of Effluency, Heroic Fix, Class C Trophy, now hopelessly gunning for Class B.
Currently 1-2 vs. Team Fairlylame in the Class of 1964 Championships

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

The motor for our Honda is in many pieces spread around the garage right now, with more parts incoming from Honda.  Three motors, none of them good enough to use.  We have never had  the car this far apart this close to a race.  Boo.

Three Pedal Mafia: IOE > Overall
Wartburg | Wagovan | The Boat | Rolls Royce | Civic Giraffe | Citroen SM | TR7 3800SC | Cressida | Isuzu Hombre
Some IOEs, class wins, org choices, heroic fixes, I got screwed's, etc.

Re: Scrotium? Who's going?

Sonic wrote:

The motor for our Honda is in many pieces spread around the garage right now, with more parts incoming from Honda.  Three motors, none of them good enough to use.  We have never had  the car this far apart this close to a race.  Boo.

I feel your pain/panic, i just threw in the towel on the Gremlin for this race. The Banshee's engine is done and the Mirage is the closest to racing, it just needs a transmission, hub bearing, tires, safety belts, an axle. brakes, exhaust repair and an alignment.

It Ain't My Fault