Topic: Moscow Rally Vehicle Choices.....................

I missed it this year because I was working in Germany, but I'd like to do this next year. I have two cars sitting here, and I can't decide between them:

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-pj-picture6674-trabi1.jpg
1973 Trabant, that one pretty well speaks for itself. This is the option most likely to complete the rally. It will also be the most comfortable and sensible choice. It would be pretty cool though, and a cross-country rally in a Trabi would probably never be forgotten.

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-pj-picture6658-pj1.jpg
http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-pj-picture6743-gen345.jpg
1981 Jet Electrica 007 electric car, stuffed full of several BMW i3's worth of fancy Bosch EV batteries, to the point where it has more KWh than a Tesla. And to keep the batteries topped off, towing a HF trailer with a running homemade genset consisting if a Changfa hopper-cooled single-cylinder diesel engine driving a ST-15 gen head. I already know this is a really bad idea. This option is colossally stupid and highly likely to fail horribly, but if it were to be pulled off successfully, then it would be magnificent. It would also never be forgotten, no matter how much we might want to forget it.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Re: Moscow Rally Vehicle Choices.....................

I envy you your options. I also am compelled to agitate in favor of any idea that makes a Trabant seem sensible by comparison.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Option number two is reminiscent of the Roadkill Boost Caboose, which seems like it should gain you bonus points.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

Props. Simply considering the EV/genset as an option takes Joules

It’s the Escape from Moscow rally, gotta be the Trabi right?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

It’s the Escape from Moscow rally, gotta be the Trabi right?

If it were escape from Leipzig or Berlin, it would be a forgone conclusion.

I was thinking the same thing. Up in Moscow they had decent Volgas or Tatras. Nobody wanted a Trabant; that was a ridiculous clown car that the Germans built. Maybe if we were doing an escape from Berlin, or Budapest, or Bratislava, but nobody escapes from Moscow in a Trabi.

We have a Volga....

Damn bougie car snobs..............