Topic: Will we get to race?

I have made a few posts on here and gotten great feedback, thanks! Really want to start and thought about doing an arrive and drive deal.
After much thought the building of the car is more than half the appeal to me. I can build the car but am in California and am concerned if we will be able to run once done as it sounds like most races are overbooked.
If we are not accepted into a race are you bumped up the priority race for the next one? Do bribes really work?
Would hate to build the car and not run. I attended the Chump Car race at Willow to watch and they had less than 20 cars so am sure I could run there but I want to run with a large pack like I see on the Lemons videos. Could also run Leadfoot Rally but they only have 1 California race and just cant justify the build if it sits in the garage all year.
Thanks Guys!

Re: Will we get to race?

The best way to get into a "crowded" (most are) is with a rare car (RX7's are NOT rare...only E30's or miatas are more common) AND a great theme...

Since you don't have a rare car...you really need to ramp up the theme and deliver....  the more outrageous the better...you need something that jumps off the application page when the powers at be make the decision who is in and who is not... 

another aspect that isn't mentioned much is paying the reg fee on time....early is better.....granted you don't even get billed unless you are in...but be sure to be prompt..since if you wait you get bumped out of the race for someone with $$$$ in hand...I try to get it in ASAP from acceptance....

Where are you in CA?  If your in norcal be sure to attend the "Pre-Pointless" party at Evil Genius Racing in West Sacramento on Feb 13th...I'll be there with the "estate" & lots of veteran racers are there that you can get ideas from...

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2