26 (edited by EyeMWing 2018-10-31 03:28 PM)

Re: K Komeback

Deal in progress. Headed to Baaaahstan on Sunday.

No picture on the ad, phone rings through to a shady assed tow company that Google says is located in somebody's backyard.

Got the guy's life story (it's gonna be ONE OF THOSE deals), he's a retired tow company owner. Was some old guy's, he died, his kid sold the car to the tow company guy. He drove it for a year. Brake line blew out, not worth fixin'.

Google Street View on the backyard-tow-company location shows a PRISTINE Aries Sedan parked right down the street.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

If anybody sees a K wagon in a junkyard with tail lights, buy them and PM me. They're the only part that I know of that we need that shouldn't be on this parts car.

Monday morning when all the wreckers open, I'm going to start working the phones and trying to get some shipped, but if we can do it the lemony way I can basically guarantee it'll be cheaper.

Team FinalGear

Trailer light FTW.

Well yeah, obviously that'd work, but chewing up ever-more of the dwindling stock of replacement parts for these things is a core goal of the K program as far as I can tell - we suffer so nobody else ever has to.

Team FinalGear

Also it does still need to be reasonably road legal for the rally so reflectors and reverse lights would be good.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

31 (edited by EyeMWing 2018-11-05 11:16 AM)

Okay. Since the K doesn't have a seat and looking at the ones in the parts car, there's no way on earth they'd be safe to use with a cage, I'm going to throw in a Sparco adjustable-back "JDM poser" seat that's been modified to fit a 5-point harness and a harness. Absolutely not legal to race but it's damn comfortable. I'll be needing that seat to make its way home at some point.

Are the factory seat mounts still there?

Team FinalGear

The k has a seat.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

.... Well, you'd know, but I SWEAR I read somewhere that it had gone MIA when you actually picked it up.

I might be hallucinating emails about K-cars now.

Team FinalGear

It was un-installed then placed in the car sideways with the un-installed dash. But it’s in there, just not, bolted in right now.

In case you need  theme inspiration

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Zp_/farmers-in … en-drivers

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Everyone should have a J.K. Simmons based theme.

K is currently in my garage and getting unpacked. Guildenstern and I started sweeping aside the leaves and mouse turds, and got most everything out and we've started making plans.

A donor should be here this weekend, and away we'll go.

I'll be posting pictures up on instagram as k_it_again if you want to follow along!

88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!"
Touched by the K-car

There seems to be a number of mazda Bseries truck parts in with the K car. Does anyone know about that stuff?

Some Pictures:

First High Tech Forensics!
https://i.imgur.com/8J5PiV7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6ilAqEV.jpg

The Dash got the brunt of the angry wire cutters, so that all needs fixing.
https://i.imgur.com/X3LVX2C.jpg

We have a 2.2 Automatic Donor Car. It doesn't even have a passenger side mirror. Like not broke off, never installed.
https://i.imgur.com/5zN050E.jpg

And finally the Nuclear Plan B if this doesn't seem to be working out:
https://i.imgur.com/J2Xyqy7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/u2AHvzs.jpg

Also I have the handset for a CB, but the Dash just has a hole where the CB used to be. Is that as it should be?

41 (edited by Ratdoggy 2018-11-11 06:51 AM)

Me thinks grafting on the roof makes a lot of sense in this case....
Like an organ transplant a piece will live on

MBTL Racing

Guildenstern wrote:

Also I have the handset for a CB, but the Dash just has a hole where the CB used to be. Is that as it should be?

Oh, I forgot to mention while I was there. No need to worry about radio, CB, phone charge, cupholders, map pockets etc, I've got a plug in box for all that. Just need a lighter port.

Didn't Overzet have a dually B-series racetruck at Sonoma that year? Or was that a hardbody? Or one of those Toyotas? I suck at minitrucks.

Team FinalGear

I’m just trying to make sure everyone has their stuff where they expect it to be. There’s been a lot of undocumented time so I want to be sure people know what’s where.

Total shot in the dark here. Does the K have a mismatched pair of jackstands in it? One newer red/black one with locking notches on the upright and a pivoting release handle, one older-style blue one with holes in the upright for a U-shaped locking piece on a chain?

Total shot in the dark here. Does the K have a mismatched pair of jackstands in it? One newer red/black one with locking notches on the upright and a pivoting release handle, one older-style blue one with holes in the upright for a U-shaped locking piece on a chain?

I didn't see any jackstands, but we don't have the engine out of the back yet either. I'll let you know soon.

88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!"
Touched by the K-car

There were no jackstands under the trunk engine.

The engine is out of the trunk, I dono what to do with it. How do you turn random engine into money?

More importantly the 2.2 engine and Harness are out of the Donor K and in a warm(er) garage, Timing looks good, plugs look good.

Exhaust has been removed from the donor with only the rear muffler losing its battle to the elements. We started pulling the fuel tank, but then the cold rain and the darkness fell.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh K-thulhu Oh'io wgah'nagl fhtagn

There's probably a car forum for early 90s Chrysler garbage where you could put that 3.3 V6 up for sale. Or if you can get it into a freight elevator somewhere, you could throw it off a tall building.

That latter one sounds good!

Bless you for taking this on!  Make the K Great Again!!

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Well it seemed like a good idea when it was still in the 60s and 70s out. Now that it’s going to be 30 degrees with snow, I have started questioning every decicion I have ever made in my sofar miserable and pointless life.

Which is to say, the K car’s K ness is still working at peak capacity.