Topic: Thanks Mr. Mole, dude!

After struggling to come up with a theme for our first race at CMP in Feb., I think I now have one!!
While reading five hundred pages regarding your experience in Cal., I've came up with...The Whiine aand Cheaat Raace Teaam!  All the a's because we're entering a SAAAAB. Maybe the Whiine aand Cheaat Polis(Swedish)?
Any comments or better ideas are WELCOME! We REALLY want to experience Lemons!!!!!

Re: Thanks Mr. Mole, dude!

nice.  maybe white lightning can show up to CMP with a Whaaaaaankel-powered RX-7 in honor of the Mole.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Jmitch -- great idea.

I suggest you all come dressed as Lawyers with THOUSANDS OF PAGES of legalize PROVING everything.

Just paint phone books.

Good theme.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Sounds like a home run to me.

Thanks! I like the Lawyer thing!

jmitch wrote:

Thanks! I like the Lawyer thing!

You should start imitating OJ's defense team right now.

And seriously, you need boxes of evidence. Papers sticking out of your briefcases, etc.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

If the Tein springs and CAI(whatever the fuck that is) fit, YOU CAN'T CONVICT!

i recommend the chewbacca defense.

"if chewbacca does not make sense, this car is not a cheater."

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

jmitch wrote:

CAI(whatever the fuck that is)

CAI = Cold Air Intake

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Good theme, though a BMW would be more appropriate for the "whine and cheat" authenticity.

i would suggest being on cell phones the entire time during BS -- tell us to hold on.

ooh, genuis! Gotta learn some attorney WORDS!

Cold air intake....very tricky .

everyone get professional haircuts, clean shaven, and have those damn Bluetooth Earpieces. shades and gold watches all around.

I agree, bimmer needs to be the car... or at least a mid-90s audi

try painting your springs mint green if you're going with "tiens"

Thanks for the great ideas! Headed to the U-Pull-It in search of BMW emblems for the Saab!

We are SOOO ready! Hope a couple of fellas on here can take a little ribbing! Pics to follow!

The lawyer thing is a great idea

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Since its a CA race....I always though a San Fransisco 49ers theme called "San Fransisco Forty-Whiners" would be fun......paint the car red and gold...every wears 49er stuff.....it would be fun......

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Well, these awesome guys followed our advice to the letter.

Very, very well done.

I especially liked being told to hold on in 33 degree weather.

20 (edited by jmitch 2010-02-08 04:50 AM)

We had an awesome time! Even though it was cold as balls, you guys put on a Hell of a good race! When the Saab was "running" it was fast! If we hadn't had SO many mechanical issues, I think .....WE COULD HAVE BEEN A CONTENDER!

We had more things planned, but DAMN was it cold! I even had my crying baby on the IPOD dock and forgot to get it out of the camper!

I had a blast watching your BS inspection!!!!
"Yes we have a CAI."  Then he picks up the CAI LAYING in the engine compartment, not connected to anything......

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

LOVE IT......however the judges might institute the old fashioned "personal injury lawyer slalom" test like back in the day..

Just be sure to be cheesy total ambulance chasers.....complete with bad suits, hair pieces and a scanner set to the local ambulance channel!!!  I'd put a bunch of the little green lamps in there too....along with a secretary with a shorthand machine.....too cool!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Mick25 wrote:

I had a blast watching your BS inspection!!!!
"Yes we have a CAI."  Then he picks up the CAI LAYING in the engine compartment, not connected to anything......

Did you get a chance to check out or Tein adjustable struts and rear shocks? I think Johnny (?) took a pic of them and our "salute" to IFB_mole and NYPD 323!

What a blast! Too bad one of our teamates didn't know how to watch a temp. guage and ended up roasting the engine!