Topic: Can you beat 134 gallons of gas.

Just added up how much gas we used. 134 gallons. The big heavy crown vic running in 2nd gear loves her fuel.
We should get a "helping the global warming award"
Had a great time thanks to all the other racers and event staff.

Scotty
Mellow Kab

Mello Kab
1996 Crown Vic
2 time  Least Horrible Yank Tank Award

Re: Can you beat 134 gallons of gas.

Wow, that is a lot of fuel!  I think we used about 65 or so gallons in our little 2.0L Honda.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

"Question: On average, how is the gas mileage on the race cars?
ANSWER: Depending on the racetrack we get 6.5 miles-per-gallon (mpg)
to 7.4 mpg on restrictor-plate races and 3.5 mpg to 4.6 mpg on open
tracks."

mrfxst wrote:

Just added up how much gas we used. 134 gallons. The big heavy crown vic running in 2nd gear loves her fuel.

Scotty
Mellow Kab

I can't beat that much gas, but I challenge anyone to compete with the 6 Gallons of oil we put through our Volvo during the race.  Our motor had around 300k mi on it and evidently very little in the way of rings.  So, sorry about the blue clouds we were leaving out there at times.

Kabbies, you guys were great neighbors.  Hope to see you in May.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

CMP will not have to worry with Mosquitoes in the spring after the fogging you guys spewed out!

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

the vileness spewing from your tailpipe provided plenty of incentive to make a pass.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

mrfxst wrote:

Scotty
Mellow Kab

I'll see you measily 134 gallons and raise you to 165 gallons....since thats what we used BEFORE the 928 blew up 3 hours to go!!!!  I budgeted for 200 gallons!!!  6500rpm in a 4.7L V8 never = economy.....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I don't think the Mark VIII used even half that much... and that's with a 4.6L V8 and 3.73s.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

I think I calculated we get about 13 laps per gallon on hard green flag runs.... At CMP that is about 13 mpg.  We actually made 3 full fuel runs with no yellow flags at all....

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Brownie, "The World's Greatest Crappy Old RV" (tm) used 1/3 of a 50gal tank towing an MR2, trailer and copious amounts of cold beer up 10 miles of Grapevine at 35mph.

That's about .625 miles per Gallon for the old 440 motor.

But we sounded GOOD.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

5000+ lbs Mercedes S600 V12 at Thunderhill 2009 -  burned 1/2 gallon of gas PER LAP and it wasn't even fast.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

magnusracing wrote:

5000+ lbs Mercedes S600 V12 at Thunderhill 2009 -  burned 1/2 gallon of gas PER LAP and it wasn't even fast.

.5 gallon in 3 miles...or 6 MPG....not bad considering the weight-power-displacement of the car....  so at 2:45 laps your burning just over 10 gallons per hour...same as we were....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

damn guys, running some quick numbers we were only burning about 6gallons an hour @ CMP. that comes out to right around 100gallons.

vinzclortho wrote:

I can't beat that much gas, but I challenge anyone to compete with the 6 Gallons of oil we put through our Volvo during the race.  Our motor had around 300k mi on it and evidently very little in the way of rings.  So, sorry about the blue clouds we were leaving out there at times.

I personally had a ton of fun laps with the volvo, unfortunatly it was hard to breath. You turned our white flags a gray color smile

JunkWorks
e-30ata

Broke Neck wrote:
vinzclortho wrote:

I personally had a ton of fun laps with the volvo, unfortunatly it was hard to breath. You turned our white flags a gray color smile

They weren't a blue color?  Our smoke generally matched our car, funny enough.

I think I was out there for some of those laps.. we were back and forth for a while.  Great times.

Seriously tho, we had no idea that the car was going to burn oil like that and there really wasn't much we could do.  We tried to mitigate it with thicker oil, stabilizers, etc, with limited success.  Sorry again.  We'll definitely have it fixed by may.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

I think our Sentra used about 55 gallons. We were off track fixing breaks and such for about 50 laps though.