Topic: March 5TH Infineon Test Day Open To Lemons Competiors!

Hello All,

Infineon Raceway will host open testing for Lemons competitors on Friday March 5TH prior to their event here. The day will be run in sessions with exclusive track time for the Lemons cars and arrangements have been made to honor Lemons credentials for these sessions. Just to be clear, Lemons cars will NOT be allowed to participate in the non-LeMons test sessions regardless of drivers credentials. The test day will run from 8:15AM - 4:30PM with 4 Lemons sessions at 9:35AM, 11:25AM, 2:00PM & 3:45PM. The cost is $280 for all 4 sessions, $255 for 3 sessions, $180 for 2 sessions & $95 for 1 session.

For further questions & information or to sign up contact Dave Schwartz at 707-933-3956 or dschwartz@infineonraceway.com

Re: March 5TH Infineon Test Day Open To Lemons Competiors!

This is awesome news! How long will each of the LeMons-exclusive sessions run?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I just put a call in to Dave to ask the length of the sessions!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

quick response....the sessions are 30 to 45 minutes each...

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

OK just got off the phone with Dave there at Infineon.  The sessions are 45min and you can switch drivers in the hot pits mid-session if you like, so you can easily have 2 drivers per session giving each driver 20 min each.  So 45 min is a good stint. So even a 4 driver team can give every driver 2 x 20 min sessions - not bad actually.

100 bones for 45 minutes of track time?!

well if you do 4 x 45 min sessions at $280 and switch drivers at 20 min, that will be $70 for 2 x 20 min sessions at Infineon, that ain't bad at all

priapism wrote:

Yet another reason why we all love this stupid race so much!

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:
priapism wrote:

Yet another reason why we all love this stupid race so much!

Beat me to it.

Lemons:  Why go to school when you can learn on the job!

ifb_mole wrote:

well if you do 4 x 45 min sessions at $280 and switch drivers at 20 min, that will be $70 for 2 x 20 min sessions at Infineon, that ain't bad at all

Full trackdays run ~150 'round these parts.  Granted Sears is a pretty nice track but that is crazy expensive!

Agreed, Burton Smith, the track owner, has dumped millions and millions into the track a few years ago making it more "NASCAR" friendly and to recoup those costs, us little guys help pay those costs.  Just the amount of dirt they moved was staggering. Even Thunderhill was $200 for the car and $50 for each driver at the Lemons test day.  So I guess the Nor Cal track are more pricy than those tracks in So. Cal.

12 (edited by Mulry 2010-02-10 10:43 AM)

I, for one, am glad to support the Nascar cutoff. Watching those pig cars go around that track is always very entertaining. Although it would be more entertaining seeing them trying to pass each other in the carousel.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Actually this is far from being a profit center for the raceway. We are doing our best to offer a safe, affordable test day for the Lemons cars. I invite you to do the math for 12 corner workers, 2 Fire Safety, 1 ambulance + insurance for the day. Not sure where these $150 track days are happening but I'm sure they are not happening at a world class facility. FYI - rack rate for a full test day here is $525.

If I remember right, at Reno it was $175.00 for the car and first driver and $75.00 per additional driver. So I want to personally thank Dave for convincing the powers that be that we are worthy of their time. Dave count  Stick Figure racing in for the full day.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

UPDATE: We will be running the Lemons track configuration for the Lemons test sessions here on March 5TH!

Dave, please don't take anybody on this forum too seriously.

Now that I've damaged my own credibility in advance, I want to thank you for convincing the bosses upstairs to let us test the day before the race. I'm looking forward tremendously to the race and know that it will be more fun if I'm not turning my first laps on the track under the green flag.

Cheers.

Wow.  Congrats (and thanks) to Dave!  I personally didn't think (and said as much in another thread) it was possible.  "No way Infineon is going to change its policy and let unlicensed drivers on the track during a regular test day."  I'm eating my words!!

This is a very good deal, and I hope a lot of folks who haven't driven Infineon before take advantage of it.  This track is a lot trickier than Thunderhill, and it'll pay off to have a little more experience before the green flag drops.

Cheers,

Dean

daveschwartz wrote:

UPDATE: We will be running the Lemons track configuration for the Lemons test sessions here on March 5TH!

That's great - thanks

A typical open track day at Sears with any of the Nor-Cal clubs is around $300.

Dave's offering is quite a bargain.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

trekkor wrote:

A typical open track day at Sears with any of the Nor-Cal clubs is around $300.

Dave's offering is quite a bargain.

KT

HOD on Thursday the 4th is $345.....I think Trackmasters was $275....I would say Daves pricing is quite fair

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2