1 (edited by AT-JeffT 2021-08-03 06:17 PM)

Topic: Need Fire Bottle for Joliet

Hi Everyone,

It turns out Lifeline currently has long lead times for recertification AND is out of new bottles for sale.  Would any midwest team have a fire bottle we can borrow or buy?   We need it in time for the upcoming Joliet race.

If it matters, this is for B2 Racing, "Rad Lobster" Dodge Stealth.

Thanks, Jeff

2 (edited by TrenchFoot 2021-08-04 09:14 AM)

Re: Need Fire Bottle for Joliet

Lifeline has a few other shops that can recert bottles. I had mine done at Advanced Auto Fab in Spokane, WA. They turned them around in a day. If you pay for expedited shipping they can likely have them done in time.

Advanced Auto Fab
509-924-7006

Might be worth calling Lifeline and ask them for other shops closer to you as well. They’re the ones that pointed me to AAF.

Low Road Racing:  Stylemaster/Mustang II/Sunbird/Spirit AMX

We will not compromise our morals and build anything but a class C car.
"You take the high road, we'll take the low."

AT-JeffT wrote:

Hi Everyone,

It turns out Lifeline currently has long lead times for recertification AND is out of new bottles for sale.  Would any midwest team have a fire bottle we can borrow or buy?   We need it in time for the upcoming Joliet race.

Thanks, Jeff

Where are you?  AAA Valley fire in Hammond, IN can do it but they are a commercial fire operation so weekdays only.  I have our spare in the cab of my truck and keep meaning to get over there to recert it.  CALL them first as if you can do it at openning they turn it around while you are there.  Insist on the new sticker as the tag (we have one of each) gets mangled during a monsoon race.

OnkelUdo wrote:
AT-JeffT wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Jeff

Where are you?  AAA Valley fire in Hammond, IN can do it but they are a commercial fire operation so weekdays only.  I have our spare in the cab of my truck and keep meaning to get over there to recert it.  CALL them first as if you can do it at openning they turn it around while you are there.  Insist on the new sticker as the tag (we have one of each) gets mangled during a monsoon race.

Hey Mike, we are in Elmhurst, IL.  The Lifeline site is not very helpful for a list of vendors that will recertify.  Any idea on how to find somewhere near by?

AT-JeffT wrote:

The Lifeline site is not very helpful for a list of vendors that will recertify.  Any idea on how to find somewhere near by?

Just call them. Their site doesn't tell you alternatives but they will. Prices are the same.

Low Road Racing:  Stylemaster/Mustang II/Sunbird/Spirit AMX

We will not compromise our morals and build anything but a class C car.
"You take the high road, we'll take the low."

If you get very very desperate, we are in Indianapolis and are not doing the Joliet race....but it looks like we are about 3 hours away from you.  We would  need it back by the October Ginger Man race, as I have a theme for our Freeze Farms S10 that is slightly flammable.  :-)

2021 Gingerman-I:  IOE (Strickland Propane)
2021 Gingerman-II:  20 seconds of footage on the wrap-up!
95 Chevy S-10

That_Noise_Is_Normal wrote:

If you get very very desperate, we are in Indianapolis and are not doing the Joliet race....but it looks like we are about 3 hours away from you.  We would  need it back by the October Ginger Man race, as I have a theme for our Freeze Farms S10 that is slightly flammable.  :-)

This ^^^^^^ is the right thing to do...another reason why i love this series.....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

AT-JeffT wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
AT-JeffT wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Jeff

Hey Mike, we are in Elmhurst, IL.  The Lifeline site is not very helpful for a list of vendors that will recertify.  Any idea on how to find somewhere near by?

I would do it for you with our spare bottle but I just looked and it is a Spa Firesense...which likely would work if you have the push to connect system but no way to guarantee.

That_Noise_Is_Normal wrote:

Thanks for the offer!

The current plan is to drive it to Pegasus Auto Racing Supply in Milwaukee, hopefully this works out.  Otherwise we may have to take you up on your offer.

OnkelUdo wrote:

I would do it for you with our spare bottle but I just looked and it is a Spa Firesense...which likely would work if you have the push to connect system but no way to guarantee.

I think ours is the push to connect/john guest fittings.  I believe we found a place in Milwaukee that can recert ours.  I'll let you know if that falls through.