Topic: Chinese Aluminum radiators

I found a local yard with  a 55mm Mishimoto brand radiator for the miata he would sell me for $75.  Does anyone use these?  On ebay they all look the same.  This one new was $190 shipped he said, so I think I am gonna get it for the car.  Plus this way i can just have this and sell the oil cooler to make things simpler.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

Re: Chinese Aluminum radiators

I had a Mishimotor on my street 240sx for over a year, not a minutes worth of trouble.

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

mishimoto would be japanes brand.  May be manufactered in china.

Chinese names and words are generally one syllable, maybe 2 w/ 2 vowel sounds (goa) if I recall correctly.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Fair enough.  Thanks.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

I would KEEP the oil cooler.....since the car came with one....thats a HINT....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

It didn't come with one.  We added that on but were having issues with it being too high and having too much oil in the crankcase until it got warm anough to open the thermostat.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

rharris19 wrote:

It didn't come with one.  We added that on but were having issues with it being too high and having too much oil in the crankcase until it got warm anough to open the thermostat.

gotcha.....well it all depends on how hot your oil gets.....if you can keep the oil temp within reason..then you don't need a cooler.....  we don't run one on the estate...and its a V8 with nearly 250hp!  BUT.....it holds 10 qts of oil.....so that has to keep it cool some!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Mishimoto rads are straight up Chinese built using a japanese style name to look legit. With that said we have used a few of them on the E36 cars we run and have not had any bad experiences. One is even on a E36 with a S50B32 euro motor with a 320 HP flash and it is doing well. I suggest a better brand for race cars but it is Lemons so a Mishi brand is perfect and do work.

PenDejoMoto