Topic: Joining rally at a checkpoint?

I would really like to do a rally with my brother this fall, but we both have trouble taking so much time away. The Great River Road Rally would be great, but I'm wondering if we can pick it up the morning of Day 2 in Memphis, since it's not far from home and we can easily get up and be in Memphis bright and early that day.  I'm not really concerned with winning, as much as just having some fun. Would this be allowed?

Thanks.

Re: Joining rally at a checkpoint?

If you want to be officially part of the rally for, um, fame? glory? fabulous prizes? or whatever, you'll need to arrange to meet with the rally master to verify your license, registration, and insurance. There's longstanding precedent for joining on the second day, however, inasmuch as I ended up doing that during the very first Lemons Rally in 2016 after my car broke down on the way there.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally