Topic: How many penalty laps...

Will this get us?

http://www.axehaven.com/cars/Fiero.jpg

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Re: How many penalty laps...

Before or after you plow into the tire wall in Turn 1?

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

DaveH wrote:

Before or after you plow into the tire wall in Turn 1?

Wow you actually think it would make turn one?!

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

That'd be a hoot off the launch @ MSR!

Team monstaRX-7: #91 1991 Mazda RX-7 convertible with a 5.0, WHAT COULD GO WRONG?
Races: 2010 Gator-O-Rama(DNF, blown motor, "Trailer on Saturday"), Oct 2011 Yee-Haw Its Lemons(actually finished the race! Judge's Choice)

None, it won't last 10 laps before catching fire.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

None, it won't last 10 laps before catching fire.

Theoretically...

Hell the judges might give it free laps... braking might be an issue though.

Sons of STIG

Its a Fiero,  no laps

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Evil Genius wrote:

Its a Fiero,  no laps

I do hope the judges follow this logic... although I doubt our car will even finish... we shall see...

Sons of STIG

Might have trouble staying under the $50K rule with that one!

I'd say zero....since getting that beast to complete one lap without running out of gas or crashing would be impressive!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

OhioMark wrote:

Might have trouble staying under the $50K rule with that one!

But at the same time... it would dominate in the straights but then the all knowing formula comes into play...

Power
vs
Reliable
vs
Cheap

It's only one of those I think...

Sons of STIG

Sure it would dominate the straights right up until the scooby-doo van pulled over in fron of you with a closing speed of say 120mph. haha!

E=MC Hammered
E30, 302I (ME car)
Pintoghini with turbo 2.3L
Old Spice Crown Victoria

Winging it wrote:

Sure it would dominate the straights right up until the scooby-doo van pulled over in fron of you with a closing speed of say 120mph. haha!

Thats what the PARACHUTE is for...duh

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

hmm... 0. you'd probably have to trailer it back to the pits to refuel after every straight, and that's regardless of it catching fire.

Serj wrote:

hmm... 0. you'd probably have to trailer it back to the pits to refuel after every straight, and that's regardless of it catching fire.

Meh... add a 50 gallon gas tank... that should last a lap right?

Sons of STIG

that all depends how long you spend idling in the weeds after going 4-off after the first straight big_smile

17 (edited by MurileeMartin 2010-02-16 08:17 PM)

I don't think I could give that car any laps. Traction might not be so good without the steamroller slicks, though.

MurileeMartin wrote:

I don't think I could give that car any laps. Traction might not be so good without the steamroller slicks, though.

i would say(having driven something like that) theturning radius is about 50 yards or so.........

forddragracer wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

i would say(having driven something like that) theturning radius is about 50 yards or so.........

Hey Joe,  Try backing our car out of the shop without a spotter.  There is NO rear visibility except between the seat and Halo and you sit so low...

BTW, all the gears work smile

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

MurileeMartin wrote:

Almost forgot.....it won't pass tech.......doesn't have 190 treadwear tires......sorry no slicks allowed....bummer

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

You have a better chance with this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF_G4tB18Ws

icemang17 wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Almost forgot.....it won't pass tech.......doesn't have 190 treadwear tires......sorry no slicks allowed....bummer

SEE:
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/cok-72175_w.jpg

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Sons of STIG

TheHeckler wrote:
forddragracer wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Hey Joe,  Try backing our car out of the shop without a spotter.  There is NO rear visibility except between the seat and Halo and you sit so low...

sure you can see. the rear view mirror is inthe car now

forddragracer wrote:
TheHeckler wrote:
forddragracer wrote:

sure you can see. the rear view mirror is inthe car now

The only need for a mirror is to see the loser's face. BWAHAHAHAHA

Sons of STIG