1 (edited by MurileeMartin 2010-02-08 11:40 PM)

Topic: MSR racers: give us two 6x9 speakers, win Get Out Of Jail Free card!

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2009/11/500x_grtwb-installed02-500px.jpg

The Ghost Ride The Whip Box makes the Ticker-Tape Parade, Macho Man, and- of course- the Ghost Ride The Whip penalty possible, but it suffered a couple of busted speakers at the Southern Discomfort race. We had to ship it directly to Houston without replacing the bad speakers, which means we'll need a couple of replacements for the Gator-O-Rama.

So here's the deal: You supply us with two 6x9 car speakers of at least middling sound-pumpin' capability (yes, the factory speakers you tore out of your race car might be good enough), we give you a Get Out Of Penalty Box Free card. If multiple teams offer us speakers, we'll pick the best pair.

Re: MSR racers: give us two 6x9 speakers, win Get Out Of Jail Free card!

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets … -500px.jpg

The Ghost Ride The Whip Box makes the Ticker-Tape Parade, Macho Man, and- of course- the Ghost Ride The Whip penalty possible, but it suffered a couple of busted speakers at the Southern Discomfort race. We had to ship it directly to Houston without replacing the bad speakers, which means we'll need a couple of replacements for the Gator-O-Rama.

So here's the deal: You supply us with two 6x9 car speakers of at least middling sound-pumpin' capability (yes, the factory speakers you tore out of your race car might be good enough), we give you a Get Out Of Penalty Box Free card. If multiple teams offer us speakers, we'll pick the best pair.

DONE. Need an amp too?

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

I've got plenty of those myself.  Guy down the street runs an audio shop that can get some ones that will last a while for cheap.  I will bring them.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

Oh .. I'm bringin' some too...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

i might be able to find a couple or so laying around somewhere......

All right, best pair of speakers wins the Get Out Of Penalty Box Free card!

If, in addition to the 6x9s, you also provide a separate, non-rental-car-hood-damaging cabinet with thumpin' subs, amp, and input cable with RCA plugs to connect to the Line Out jacks on the Ghost Ride The Whip Box, you will have an H-bomb-grade advantage over the dopes that just brought the Kraco Racketblaster 6x9s alone. And, yes, we'll give you your box back after the race (because we hella don't want to deal with shipping it back to CA).

Hopefully the Judges are sticking with J'Trimm for the Houston race.

We've never offered so many opportunities to earn GOOPBF Cards! Speakers, cowboy hat... and, of course, a couple of pit bicycles for Lemons HQ to abuse.

Baron wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets … -500px.jpg

DONE. Need an amp too?

I retract my previous statement. Mine are trash.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Does anyone have speakers for us? Come on, that GOOTPBF Card might make the difference between 35th and 32nd place!

i have a 12" sub that prolly just needs the cracked cone reglued, but no amp or cabinet. I have at least 2 if not more of ACdelco's finest that i'd happily donate...but unfortunately im not racing in houston. see you at gingerman!

I have some stuff I am bringing you guys.  It will be in a full enclosure and have an amp with rca leads.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

We will bring some speakers but it looks like rharris has the cabinet and amps together

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

How bout another entire setup?

It sits on top of 2 12s in a box w/ amp.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2694/4366333983_94a6d30bb7_o.jpg

Does it have RCA cables going to a line input? Also, will it sit on a rental car hood, trunk, or roof without causing any terribly noticeable damage?

MurileeMartin wrote:

Does it have RCA cables going to a line input?

It has a 1/8 phono plug for line in.  I can scrounge up some RCA cables for you. 

MurileeMartin wrote:

Also, will it sit on a rental car hood, trunk, or roof without causing any terribly noticeable damage?

Will the rental be 'Merican or one of them foreign jobs?  The sub cabinet is carpeted, I suspect you'll be okay.

I'm beat.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

Everyone who has 6x9s, bring them. You never know who will win.