Topic: Roll cage for 2000 Honda Civic questions

Hey everyone! I’m sorry if this comes across as a stupid question, my team and I are just starting to get into 24 hours of Lemons and we’re looking at a 2000 Honda Civic for $100. My question is Rhodes Race Cars makes a cage for a 2000 Honda Civic that they say is compliant with all requirements for a Lemons cage, but I want to ask are they actually? We don’t really have access to a tube bender and no one near us makes custom cages so this looks like one of our only options.

2 (edited by AT-JeffT 2022-05-02 07:17 AM)

Re: Roll cage for 2000 Honda Civic questions

Nearly everyone here would caution you against buying a Rhodes kit.  Their kits are small, and poorly fitting.  In our case it came with the wrong pieces also. John Pagel, the lead tech inspector for Lemons has called Rhodes multiple times to ask Rhodes to remove the "Lemons Legal" statements from their cages.

Roll Cage Components is typically the most often recommend place to buy a pre-bent kit.

'The only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked if you need the information'

No one near you - sure?

I have done two cages from Rhodes: the first was off the shelf and was a little undersized as mentioned before.  We did a custom bend the second time and had great results.  Cage arrived in a few weeks.  I haven't had any interactions with Roll Cage Components, but have heard wait time can be long.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

darthkartracer wrote:

no one near us makes custom cages so this looks like one of our only options.

Where are you located?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Rhodes and SW are pretty good. What I been told is not to use their pre-made. But use their custom roll cage instructions to get a better fitter cage.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),