Topic: Moscow rally

Anyone making that trip with trailer space. Have a Lemons race car near Scranton and you could run it at Barber. BMW 318i. Just a thought. Phish

Re: Moscow rally

It would likely miss Tech.  The Rally typically shows up at the Track Friday evening.

They do late tech and re-tech usually starting an hour before green flag on Saturday morning. Its not impossible.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

It has passed everytime so Dale is familiar with it. It would also be left in Al. for the NOLA race in March. No biggie' as we have other cars. Phish

KeiCarMike wrote:

They do late tech and re-tech usually starting an hour before green flag on Saturday morning. Its not impossible.

Not impossible, but don't they assign tech times?  I can just imagine the look on Eric's face when he's told "I'm gonna need a late tech slot because the car is coming down behind a Lemons Rally car."

Yes, tech times are assigned, but there's also a lot of things that can happen in a Lemons race weekend. People's tow vehicles break down, some people get stuck otherwise and can't make it on practice day before the gates close, car doesn't start when its time to tech, etc.. etc... Many reasons why people miss their tech time slot.

There's always the opportunity to tech and re-tech your car until it passes. The wrapup videos are full of shoutouts at hopeless cases that spent all weekend to get their car to pass just to blow up after 2 laps and go home.

I'm guessing once tech times are assigned, you can give a shoutout to one of the Lemons judges and tell them you're doing the rally and request a late tech assignment. The judges are usually cool with special situations and accommodating. In this case, you're supporting the rally and a race in the same week; I doubt they'd have any issues with that.

puttcharlie wrote:
KeiCarMike wrote:

Not impossible, but don't they assign tech times?  I can just imagine the look on Eric's face when he's told "I'm gonna need a late tech slot because the car is coming down behind a Lemons Rally car."

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)