Topic: On fire at Barber?

Half-Fast Racing is based in Birmingham, so we'll bring all our stuff (or can get it pretty quickly/easily).  I'm posting in advance of the race since I don't check the forums at the race.  Look for the two Beetles and the turtle-painted Miata, or the tow vehicles with the Cosmo tiger signs.

Our engine hoist & stand
Alignment plates
Bearing puller(s)
Slide hammer
An extra fuel wagon and drip pan
Spare kill switch, wires (heavy and light gauge), & assorted electrical connectors/splicers/etc.
Copper and aluminum washers
Extra jack and jack stands
Spare fluids: oil, gear lube, ATF, pwr steering, brake fluid, etc.
Sheet aluminum, two cheap riveters and assorted rivets
A butt load of spare parts for VW New Beetle/Mark 4 platforms, and some VW/Audi/Porsche tools (like the rear brake tools and triple box wrenches).
Spare canopy
Pry bars

And a big coffee maker: stop by for free coffee.

We also have a nurse (RN) on the team and a decently stocked first aid kit for smashed thumbs, scraped knuckles, mild exhaust pipe burns, or other mild to moderate injuries that are not really bad enough to need a trip to the ER but need more than "rub a little spit on it, it'll be okay".  Of course, if she's on the track, the rest of us will just laugh at you and hand you the Band-Aids..

Re: On fire at Barber?

You’re awesome!

5 stars for Stan and team! Super helpful. Would use them again… :-)

Thanks again for the great help with the tires and wheels for ToadRacer!  We will see you at Barber.

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Dudefladge wrote:

You’re awesome!

5 stars for Stan and team! Super helpful. Would use them again… :-)

Thanks again for the great help with the tires and wheels for ToadRacer!  We will see you at Barber.

Thanks - I forgot to add "a set of Azenis 615s on Crown Vic rims that would fit a '62 Plymouth...".   smile

And those!! :-)

Stellantis Domination!!

If you’re at Barber and want to represent Stellantis… I’ll have some bumper stickers to share…

Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Citroën, Dodge, DS, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, Mopar, Opel, Peugeot, Ram, and Vauxhall

Come see me

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Bumping this.

Bringing pretty much the same stuff as last year, plus an arbor press.

Look for the 3 Beetles and a Miata with Cosmo tires decals in the paddock, probably on the lowest level towards the southwest.  We're brave (or dumb) enough to try running four vehicles this year so we'll take up about a quarter acre of paddock space and should be easy to find.

Have to give Stan and co a huge shout out for helping us pass tech! Also have to thank Stan personally for answering all of my odd thought questions over the last couple of months!

| 6 Million Forms of Domination |
| 99 Mercedes E320 Base Wagon | "Sidetracked while dropping Tripp and Kayleigh at Swim Practice" award

7 (edited by Stan in Bham 2024-02-05 06:32 PM)

Thanks, glad to help out. I was a new team captain once and had a million questions, too. Y'all did great!  And you trophied your first race!

Stan in Bham wrote:

Thanks, glad to help out. I was a new team captain once and had a million questions, too. Y'all did great!  And you trophied your first race!

All down hill from here!

| 6 Million Forms of Domination |
| 99 Mercedes E320 Base Wagon | "Sidetracked while dropping Tripp and Kayleigh at Swim Practice" award