Topic: Lemons Hallettosis '23 - Entry List & Tech Times

I'll take this 39-car field at Hallett. Some truly awesome Malaise Era stuff and you can expect the judging staff—Bob Griffin, myself, and Aaron Cole—to dress accordingly: Fiat X1/9, Chevy Monza, BMW E21 (with Chevy V6), Mercury Bobcat, VW Rabbit, Datsun Z, AMC Hornet, and Toyota Celica. Pumped for that assembly of crap. (Excel version here)

https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Hallet_Entry_Blank.jpg

Tech Times are live on the event page and also here. Please note that we adjusted the tech window to 1-5 pm instead of Noon-5.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Lemons Hallettosis '23 - Entry List & Tech Times

39 cars...We have that many broken/out in a north east race!?!?!

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Was sure hoping for a bigger turnout. Will be a fun race though! We are mostly ready…

chaase wrote:

I'll spare you the inside baseball, but we're pretty excited about drawing 39 for Hallett. Believe it or not—even with DFW 4.5 hours away—Oklahoma just doesn't have the population density of the East Coast Megalopolis.

Anyway, I think once people go there next week, they're gonna get others excited to go there. It's supposed to be just one of the most ridiculously fun little tracks in the country.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

That is a great looking field of cars and we are very excited to run Hallett.  This is my favorite track as it is a driver's course that is easy to learn yet takes time to master.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0

That's a high percentage of Beemers.  Between high plains and Hallett, we love a race in the middle of nowhere. 

Small fields = better win possibility.  Our team has apparently made that our calling card.  Won in a limited field for Virtual Concours in 2020 and very small rally field for Mississippi last year.  Surely the odds makers are giving the Blazer favorable odds for this race.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

therood wrote:
chaase wrote:

I'll spare you the inside baseball, but we're pretty excited about drawing 39 for Hallett. Believe it or not—even with DFW 4.5 hours away—Oklahoma just doesn't have the population density of the East Coast Megalopolis.

Anyway, I think once people go there next week, they're gonna get others excited to go there. It's supposed to be just one of the most ridiculously fun little tracks in the country.

If that's a good turn out, who am I to complain.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

8 (edited by jwagen02 2023-04-29 11:31 AM)

So I am trying to sign up 4 drivers for the practice on Friday.  It says $300 for the first driver and $25 for each additional driver.  For the life of me I cannot figure out how to add drivers for $50.  I did send Hallett an email through their website, but has anyone had an issue like this?  Most likely it's user error.  Lol

***Edit: It was in there.  I just didn't go far enough in the registration.  User error for sure!  Lol

chaase wrote:
therood wrote:
chaase wrote:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Good turnout in OK is unsustainably low turnout in AZ, it seems…

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Type44 wrote:
chaase wrote:
therood wrote:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Good turnout in OK is unsustainably low turnout in AZ, it seems…

Suffice to say, we did not want to drop Arizona from our calendar, but the operational costs at that facility were--at the very least--suboptimal the last time we ran and there was nowhere else to race in Arizona (Wild Horse Pass was a hard no and Arizona Motorsports Park is both small and seems to have some weird zoning limitations). New options require some investigating, but they seem to meet the bare minimums of an accessible paddock and room for a few dozen tow rigs.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com