1 (edited by MZAVARIN 2023-05-07 03:17 PM)

Topic: NJ practice $$$ WTF

last year it was $400 for one car and 4 drivers, as I recall
Now they want $400 for one car and one driver, then $75 for each additional driver!!
$625 ? gotta be kidding....unless it is an error? on their web site....(or cuz they are limiting it to 55 cars?)
That must be the highest in the country

I might contact them to ask/inquire/complain....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Re: NJ practice $$$ WTF

Yeah that’s kind of a crazy payment structure. $400 for one person is nuts if you just have one rookie you want to get familiar. I wonder if they have cheaper days on other weekends (not right before Lemons) where you can get people some time?

$400 to break my car early?  What a steal!

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Great news!
I wrote the track an email with a kind, considerate question (Not expressing my true feelings....!) about the cost, and they said:

it was a mistake, they are updating their MSR (?) and stay tuned for an updated price, which will be $400

(I assume for my team of 4 drivers....I think this was the same price as last year....only pay for the car, number of drivers does not matter....)

nice of them....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

MZAVARIN wrote:

Great news!
I wrote the track an email with a kind, considerate question (Not expressing my true feelings....!) about the cost, and they said:

it was a mistake, they are updating their MSR (?) and stay tuned for an updated price, which will be $400

(I assume for my team of 4 drivers....I think this was the same price as last year....only pay for the car, number of drivers does not matter....)

nice of them....

It makes more sense that it was an error. I dealt with NJMP a few times and they've always been very helpful

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

MZAVARIN wrote:

......, they are updating their MSR (?)

MSR is an online database of track days,etc...

MotorsportReg
https://www.motorsportreg.com
Online event registration for 1000+ motorsport clubs, racetracks & sanctioning bodies. Automate tasks, improve accuracy & grow participation for free.

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

What really SUCKED about their test day last year was some new rule that all cars had to be off the track whenever the EVs rolled.

So every time a car broke during the test day, and they rolled the tow truck, we ALL got black-flagged and had to return to the PADDOCK.  That meant we ALL had to the do the wrist band checks AGAIN.   All that really ate into the time that we paid for testing.

Between requirement of a paid attendant to dispense gasoline, and no fuel in non-red colored containers....geez.  I mean I really like the NJMP track, but the state of NJ has some f*cked up rules/laws.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!