Topic: Yokohama Real Hoopties of NJ '23 - Entry List & Tech Times

Big Field, lots of amazing cars:

* Double Cordoba
* The diesel Porsche 924 has moved eastward
* The Vannonball makes it three in a row. Maybe?
* The Volvo Amazon runs at NJMP for the first time
* Sunbeam Alpine
* A YouTuber bringing a Sebring?
* Double Cordoba
* All three American light pickups
* Two RWD Isuzu coupes
* Hudson
* Glue Sticks' X-Type is surely going to run all weekend for once.
* The Park Bench Buick returns for only its second race in 5 years.
* 1937 Buillac
* Potentially an outright battle for the win between an AMC Hornet and a Shelby Z
* DOUBLE CORDOBA
* Four Celicas, all from different generations

(Excel version here[)

https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/NJMP_Entry_list.png

Tech Times are on the event page and also can be found directly here. Please Note: Inspections begin @ 11 am so that we can hopefully get through the churn of 133 cars without people missing too much of the Test Day. As such, you might wish to bribe the judges and all staff if you have a middle tech time with some food. Six hours of Lemons cars is a long-ass time.

Your Judging Panel for the weekend. Prepare your bribes accordingly. Donation/Loans of gavels greatly appreciated.

ME - Chief Justice(ish)
Bob Griffin - Judge (Houston, Escape Velocity Racing)
Sajeev Mehta - Judge (Houston...and he's Sajeev. Y'all should know him by now)
Neal F'in Losey - Judge (California, 2022 National Effing Drivers' Champion)

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Yokohama Real Hoopties of NJ '23 - Entry List & Tech Times

133 cars...and we're car #133. 

Holy carp and trout, that's a butt ton of cars!

Looking forward to it.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

3 (edited by RandomSquirrel 2023-06-02 11:04 AM)

This is going to be a traffic-y weekend...WOOHOO! Also, can we get an updated Excel link, please? It appears the one posted is broken... :-( Also, is it too late to change ourcar registration number? When we went to register, #42 was unavailable, but now I see there is no car listed for #42 (we already have 42 on our car from the last race @CMP and were hoping to keep it the same).

Jeremy
Racecar: '93 Mustang GT, stock, Lemons prepped, PITA - https://www.facebook.com/PrincessButtercupRacing, Soon-To-Be Racecar: '95 318ti
DD: '21 Jeep Wrangler
Fun vehicle: '13 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster

excel link not working sad

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

5 (edited by Spyphish 2023-06-02 10:57 AM)

Hey, Neil F'N Losey is patented. And I have it on an IOE car to prove it. Phish

Excel link should be this:

https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/ … k_2023.xls

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

RandomSquirrel wrote:

This is going to be a traffic-y weekend...WOOHOO! Also, can we get an updated Excel link, please? It appears the one posted is broken... :-( Also, is it too late to change are car registration number? When we went to register, #42 was unavailable, but now I see there is no car listed for #42 (we already have 42 on our car from the last race and were hoping to keep it the same).

Nope. Database is closed.

Insider tip: Usually around the Tuesday or Wednesday before the week before the race (ie 8-9 days out), we kick out the unpaid teams but don't freeze the database for a day or two. So there's like a 24-hour window in there to change your number if you check back.]

Also, at the East Coast races, you're unlikely ever to get 42. IYKYK.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
RandomSquirrel wrote:

This is going to be a traffic-y weekend...WOOHOO! Also, can we get an updated Excel link, please? It appears the one posted is broken... :-( Also, is it too late to change are car registration number? When we went to register, #42 was unavailable, but now I see there is no car listed for #42 (we already have 42 on our car from the last race and were hoping to keep it the same).

Nope. Database is closed.

Insider tip: Usually around the Tuesday or Wednesday before the week before the race (ie 8-9 days out), we kick out the unpaid teams but don't freeze the database for a day or two. So there's like a 24-hour window in there to change your number if you check back.]

Also, at the East Coast races, you're unlikely ever to get 42. IYKYK.

Fair enough. And yeah, we were shocked we got 42 for the CMP race in April...guess we got it just in time. We'll just have to be the Foolsmobile 442 for the weekend. Thanks for the head's up!

Jeremy
Racecar: '93 Mustang GT, stock, Lemons prepped, PITA - https://www.facebook.com/PrincessButtercupRacing, Soon-To-Be Racecar: '95 318ti

Excellent group of Judges!

And Spec Cordoba! 

It'll be great!!!!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

mechimike wrote:

Looking forward to it.

We've had bigger fields than 133 at this track

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Looking forward to it.

It's our first time racing at NJMP (as Eric noted above) so we didn't know what to expect. I don't think we've ever raced with 132 other cars before. Fortunately, I like traffic, mostly because we're slow anyway; with lots of other cars it becomes slightly less apparent.

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

mechimike wrote:
chaase wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Looking forward to it.

It's our first time racing at NJMP (as Eric noted above) so we didn't know what to expect. I don't think we've ever raced with 132 other cars before. Fortunately, I like traffic, mostly because we're slow anyway; with lots of other cars it becomes slightly less apparent.

If you like traffic, you'll love the north east races.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Our first race was at CMP earlier this year, and with only 63 cars in the field, there was a LOT of open space to be able to drive. When it was my turn, I got on the track and I swear I missed a flag or something, because the course was WIDE OPEN for me for nearly 2/3 of a lap before I saw a single car. With over double that at this race (same size track...2.25 mile), this is going to be significantly more congested...so I'm just hoping to keep the car as dent-free as possible. LOL Even with only 63 cars at CMP, no one liked to use their mirrors. Heh, so much for setting "team record lap times" this weekend. LOL

Jeremy

RandomSquirrel wrote:

Heh, so much for setting "team record lap times" this weekend.

It's still very much possible as long as you don't needlessly restrict your goal to setting the fastest team record lap time.

Personally I'm looking forward to working this race as I've never been to one on the East Coast before. As far as that goes, the last time I was on the East Coast at all was in June of 1986. I don't get out much.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:
RandomSquirrel wrote:

Heh, so much for setting "team record lap times" this weekend.

It's still very much possible as long as you don't needlessly restrict your goal to setting the fastest team record lap time.

Personally I'm looking forward to working this race as I've never been to one on the East Coast before. As far as that goes, the last time I was on the East Coast at all was in June of 1986. I don't get out much.

Oh I have NO DESIRE to be the fastest team out there, especially in this pig of a car we have (it's a miracle in and of itself we're trying to make a foxbody mustang go left/right and not just straight). Just thinking there will be a lot of traffic negotiation this weekend. Looking forward to racing with everyone! Stop by the "Pit of Despair" if/when you get a chance, we may/may not have some fun prizes and "stuff" for folks. ;-)

Jeremy

chaase wrote:
mechimike wrote:
chaase wrote:

Yeah, we did Thompson last August (won IoE with the Volvo Amazon, too).  It was fun, 99 cars on that track. Although one of them (a Subaru) decided to punt our poor car across the long straight.

mharrell wrote:

I don't get out much.

And it shows.

mechimike wrote:
chaase wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Yeah, we did Thompson last August (won IoE with the Volvo Amazon, too).  It was fun, 99 cars on that track. Although one of them (a Subaru) decided to punt our poor car across the long straight.

I remember...I was judging that race.