Topic: autobahn potluck

Norman our team chef was asking about if there is a potluck, he's already planning what to cook.

If you haven't wandered by our pit area at a race ain't no one ever left hungry.  We might not win a race but we are always well fed losers!

Team futile and stupid
white Miata

and soon to be second barn find race car

Re: autobahn potluck

Usually the first person to ask winds up hosting the potluck. Congratulations?

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

KeiCarMike wrote:

Usually the first person to ask winds up hosting the potluck. Congratulations?

These are the rules........

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

That's doable.  Do I give the invoice for fine china and linen rental to Eric or just mail it directly to Jay?

Halfkeck wrote:

That's doable.  Do I give the invoice for fine china and linen rental to Eric or just mail it directly to Jay?

Oddly, after organizing about a dozen potlucks, this last race at Gingerman they told me to"pick up my check" for it.  In short,if you actually organize one, get Nick to include it in the email blasts to the racers, Lemons may (or may not...might have been a fluke) pick up any extra out-of-pocket costs.  In my case I used it to make sure there was plenty of plates, bowls, plasticware and SERVING SPOONS plus a bunch of ice cream sandwiches since we travel with a chest freezer.

When (not if) you decide to organize this keep in mind three things:

Announcements ahead of time are great but the most effective advertising other than Nick Pon's email to all the participants is flyers at gear tech and on the bathroom doors.

There are never enough tables.

Lemons participants are hard to organize, listen poorly, cannot read sentences longer than 5 words and are more easily distracted than a barn cat in room full of aluminum foil...KISS and repation are your friends.

So I should just put up a couple of signs FUD HERE with an arrow is what you are saying?

7 (edited by OnkelUdo 2023-07-13 03:16 PM)

Halfkeck wrote:

So I should just put up a couple of signs FUD HERE with an arrow is what you are saying?

And the other stuff...the email blast from Nick Pon is the key.

You can bait and switch folks on the flyer by alsooffering quality toilet paper...because Autobahn.

OK dude,we are approaching point of no return.  Are you hosting this bad boy or do I have to (which I really, really do not want to after just having done Gingerman)?

We are 99 percent sure we will do the hosting.  I am waiting to hear if my wife needs surgery to commit.  Norman the awesome chef is all in.  I will find out for sure the 24th.

Halfkeck wrote:

We are 99 percent sure we will do the hosting.  I am waiting to hear if my wife needs surgery to commit.  Norman the awesome chef is all in.  I will find out for sure the 24th.

Shoot an email to Nick today if you're in.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Halfkeck wrote:

Shoot an email to Nick today if you're in.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com