Topic: New Birmingham Team

Greetings all

We are four never raced dudes who want to get on the track. We recently picked up a 99 E320 wagon and are going to start making it race ready. Do station wagon cages need to different from sedan cages at all? Any other advice is welcome

| 6 Million Forms of Domination |
| 99 Mercedes E320 Base Wagon | "Sidetracked while dropping Tripp and Kayleigh at Swim Practice" award

Re: New Birmingham Team

There's nothing inherently different about the cage requirements between a sedan and a station wagon; in either case it's just a matter of applying the rules to the details of a specific design, not so much to the generalities of a body style.

I mean, if you're going to do something nuts like relocate the driver to the way-back, then yes, that would need to be taken into account. I don't recommend doing that without explicit permission from Lemons HQ before you start working on it, though, as there's a fair chance they'll say no, or at the very least they will have many, many questions for you.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Re: New Birmingham Team

The Stuart wrote:

Greetings all

We are four never raced dudes who want to get on the track. We recently picked up a 99 E320 wagon and are going to start making it race ready. Do station wagon cages need to different from sedan cages at all? Any other advice is welcome

I have a team based in Birmingham (actually in Alabaster) and would be happy to answer questions and help you as you get your team underway.  The forum email sometimes doesn't work well.  I will try sending one to you, but if you don't get it then shoot me a text at two oh five nine one oh 4966.  There are at least three other teams in our area.

Stan