Topic: First of Many

Hi everybody, my name is Addison, and my team and I have our sights set for Chicagoland's first Lemons event in October, hopefully with the perfect amount of zeal, and as the title states, have many questions.

I would love if some of the fantastic contributers/seasoned Lemons veterans that I've scoped out on the forum could give me some feedback on some initial build questions;

1) The Car in Question: a 1991 Nissan 240sx
              -too common?
              -frowned upon?

2) Some themes we're throwing around:
          *have you seen it before?
          *how much do you love it/hate it?

- Covered in turf, COVERED.
               - Twisted Metal - Sweet Tooth anybody
               - Ghostbusters
               - The Mach 5
               - Pumpkin/Jack-o-lantern
               - Turkey, complete with tail
               - Lobster, also complete with tail
               - Hockey rink

**If you have always wanted to see a certain theme done and it never has been, suggest it!**

Re: First of Many

Welcome to the asylum!!!! 

Your car choice is pretty good....in terms of a platform thats easy to drive-fix and performs good enough....  However it is a somewhat common Lemons racer vehicle (much better than E30's or Miatas)...  So you will need a good theme to assure you get in....

The "turf" thing has been done....  I like the turkey or lobster theme...everyone dresses up like lobstermen or old school thanksgiving outfits (with indians)  Just be cautious...since if you dress up like lobstermen...everyone will expect you do give out free lobster...& thats EXPENSIVE....  turkey or thanksgiving dinner is much more afforable on the budget....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I think you're in the clear with the car, just don't have an SR20DET under the hood and you should be fine smile

Turf's been done
Ghostbusters in a coupe? I don't see that working out very well
Mach5's been done, but if you could improve upon past efforts, this could be pretty good.
the other themes should be totally fine. if you do a food-related theme, i should point out that you should bring matching food items to grease the palms (and shirts) of the judges. you don't necessarily have to give it to them as a bribe either, for them to appreciate it.

I haven't seen an extreme ironing theme yet.

http://www.vrmag.org/projects/808/extreme_ironing.jpg

Then there is always the Ray Charles/Stevie Wonder theme where everyone is blind.  This might make the BS inspection lies more credible.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

DO IT!!!

http://ui21.gamespot.com/660/twistedmetal_2.jpg

Real Fire should be used for full effect...

http://images.loqu.com/contents/670/464/image/2008-09-26/5.jpg

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Covered in turf, COVERED: Been done
Twisted Metal - Sweet Tooth anybody: Good
Ghostbusters: Been overdone
The Mach 5: Been overdone
Pumpkin/Jack-o-lantern: Been done
Turkey, complete with tail: Good
Lobster, also complete with tail: Good
Hockey rink: Good

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback! you've really helped steer my team and I in a much less vague direction!

We'll have a site up soon so you all can see us dive into our first race build ever, sadly the 240 we THOUGHT we had lined up was sold out from under us from a shady fellow >.o

here's to finding the next one, and you'll probably see quite a few more threads made from myself or other teammates addressing EVERYTHING from safety stuff to the little things in (racing) life. Until then, any suggestions are welcome (I loved the extreme ironing btw squidbreath), and once again, thanks all!