Topic: Aluminum Welder Near East PA

Excelsior Motorsports has recently revived a 1994 XJ12 that has been sitting for several years, and it would have ran perfectly with a new battery if it weren't for the shipping company managing to puncture the aluminum engine oil cooler line, they claimed it was too low and besides, they can't be held liable for the damage anyway, so it is time to look at plan B: having the line welded together. I am able to remove the part from the vehicle and transport it to a shop to be welded but I am wondering if anyone has any reputable aluminum welders in the eastern PA area? Alternatively, at what point would you say f it and replace the line with a cooler from a junkyard? Car-part.com returns 0 engine oil coolers for 1994 but I believe 1993 would be interchangeable? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this predicament.

Re: Aluminum Welder Near East PA

Yes; many local dealers and repair shops send him their more difficult work, and he gets a lot of repeat business from individuals, and referrals.

Pete Luciano
Lucky's Race Cars and Fabs
Phoenixville

He also does cages (mostly dragsters), frames, and also other custom work for, for example: 'concourse cars'.

He's frequently away on weekends; doing, oh, I don't know, racing - drag racing.

Thinking right after I posted the above, if the line is a continuing problem, if you bring him the car, he may be able to relocate it for you to avoid the issue in the future. Just a thought.

Haven't used myself but have known people to get oddball lines fabricated by colliflower.  They have PA locations but I don't know PA so you'd have to Google it.

5 (edited by DirtyDuc 2023-09-27 06:05 PM)

The internet provides:

https://georgiajag.com/Documents/OilCoo … XJ122.html

And also:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-x … es-187724/

That guy

Lookup aluminum brazing rod. Anything that thin (heat exchangers, lines, etc) I've always brazed even though I can weld aluminum. You just need a pack of aluminum brazing rod and a propane torch.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i

Sogster wrote:

Alternatively, at what point would you say f it and replace the line with a cooler from a junkyard? Car-part.com returns 0 engine oil coolers for 1994 but I believe 1993 would be interchangeable? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this predicament.

A 1993 would be an XJ40/XJ82 and a 1994 could be X300/X305 or the earlier XJ40/82.  Confusing, right?  Basically the bodies are different.  The V12's in either of those series is pretty uncommon so finding OEM for that is going to be tough.  There's a number of gotchas on that car, the radiator is an oddball, the lower radiator hose is an oddball.  They used two different distributors in them (Lucas and Marelli).

I had a ball with ours.  I had too many cars so put both the Rover and XJ12 up for sale with the intent of selling one and keeping the other.  Insistent buys took both.  I'm wondering if what you have might be my old car. (it's an XJ40/XJ82)

https://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LSPSa13/234-UG-Pointless13.jpg

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)