Topic: Driver in search of team for Barber 2024

Hello, friends!

Now that the 2024 schedule is official, it's time to start making some plans!

Anyone have a big guy (6'2", 230lbs) seat that needs filling? Looking for something economical, with a preference for fun over competitiveness.

I own a transponder and can therefore save you $50 on entry. How cool is that?

Let me know what you got - thanks! derekste@gmail.com 6302358928

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

2 (edited by KeiCarMike 2023-10-26 06:48 PM)

Re: Driver in search of team for Barber 2024

230? How much atomic sausage did you eat at RoadAmerica?

PS - big thumbs up endorsement for having Derek on your team.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

I'm actually down from my all time high big_smile
thanks for the endorsement -- perhaps it's time the Merkur made an appearance South of the Mason-Dixon line

Would love to tow the merkur down to Barber, if we weren't already planning for what's probably going to take 4 months of work sad

We'll be lucky to get everything back together in time for pittrace. It sacrificed a LOT to win C class at NCM...

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

5 (edited by Stan in Bham 2023-10-27 04:07 PM)

If Mike is willing to vouch for you, I'm willing to give you a seat. We run VW New Beetles and a Miata. New guy seat is probably in one of the Beetles both days, the plus is that they're 6'2" and 230 friendly - I'm 6'1" and 230 with headroom to spare. And we have wide seats that accomodate middle aged fannies.

Mike has driven with us a couple of times before.  Our cars are reasonably reliable and we bring spare parts to the track.  We aren't ultra competitive but do stay focused and try to stay organized.  We've finished 2nd in C Class once and 3rd in C a couple of other races.  We're there to have fun racing and finish as high as we can, not there to win whether we have fun or not.  If that sounds like your kind of team, give me a call.

Stan at twoohfivenineoneohfourtyninesixtysix.

Sounds like I'll be racing with Stan -- greetz out to anyone who considered it, even for a moment wink