Topic: Coming for the first time

Hello
I'm new to the site and to the Lemon Race Series. My son and I are excited to be doing this together. We will be in GA next week and was hoping to get some advice.
Lemon Series 101.....
Are we allowed in the infield? Are there passes for folks not racing. What's the general vibe and access for spectators? We're coming regardless, but I'd like to knkw more as a complete rookie.

Thanks to anyone that may have some insight.

Re: Coming for the first time

You can get general admission tickets. That allows you to roam around everywhere except the hot pit. You can't drive or work on a car. In general, Lemons races are awesome. The people are friendly and helpful.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:

You can get general admission tickets. That allows you to roam around everywhere except the hot pit. You can't drive or work on a car. In general, Lemons races are awesome. The people are friendly and helpful.

could not agree more with Chaos, my first race I did not know what to expect, everything is super friendly and happy to talk about their cars and answer questions. not sure about the infield that depends on the specific track and I have not been to Atlanta yet, have fun!

Team Captain: Highway to Schnell '06 VW GTI, it did run for a very short time! we will get there!
Team member: The Neighbors '89 Foxbody notchback 4 races, finished 2
no wins yet but hoping!

scotta wrote:

Hello
I'm new to the site and to the Lemon Race Series. My son and I are excited to be doing this together. We will be in GA next week and was hoping to get some advice.
Lemon Series 101.....
Are we allowed in the infield? Are there passes for folks not racing. What's the general vibe and access for spectators? We're coming regardless, but I'd like to knkw more as a complete rookie.

Thanks to anyone that may have some insight.

The event page--which has a link in one of the black boxes for spectator tickets--is here:

https://24hoursoflemons.com/race/?id=362

The infield should be open to spectators (though I don't believe they will allow camping on the infield) all the way down to the skid pad. You just can't cross any fences. The paddock is also open and where most of the exciting stuff actually happens anyway. There's also a set of bleachers on the outside of Turn 1 at the end of the lower paddock that I think is usually open? Sightlines at Road Atlanta for spectators are great.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Lemons gate tickets are $30 each and good all weekend, Fri-Sun. You can buy them at the gate. 

At Road Atlanta you can watch from a number of places in the infield.  You can drive to various corners and watch for a while from each point.  Lemons is one of the few racing series where spectators are encouraged to wander the paddock area and visit with the teams and get a close look at their cars.  Most teams will be happy to talk about their car and team.  If everyone on that team is elbow deep in the engine and cussing then it may not be a good time to chat, but otherwise feel free to ask questions.

Look for the green Beetle and Half-Fast Racing in the paddock or at tech inspection on Friday, or after the race on Saturday (we'll try to avoid hanging out in the paddock during the race if we can).  If the Beetle is on the track, our tow vehicle and trailer will be in the paddock and have large Cosmo Tire decals.

Thanks to everyone that posted with advice. For those that suggested we come by, we will see you out there! Good luck to everyone.