Topic: PittRace online garage & camping reservations

The good people at  PittRace are working up to a full online reservation system. It's not directly linked off the webpage, but is accessible with the direct link in this email from Pitt that came this morning. We have our garage & electric reservation, so the rest of you can fight over what remains.

<<2024 Garage & Electric Reservations

Thank you for your interest in reserving a garage or electric spot for the 2024 season. We have made some changes to the process.

Here are some important things to note:
    • We have moved to an online booking process for reservations.
    • Reservations now must be made for the entire event we will no longer take reservations for just part of an event. If any spots are left at the time of move in they can be booked in the Pro Shop upon arrival.
    • If you are staying overnight a camping pass is now required. If you book an electric spot a camping pass is included in the cost of the electric spot. If you are booking a garage you will need to purchase a camping pass separately to stay overnight.
    • Camping passes, garage and electric reservations must all be made separately. There are separate links for each one.   

Here is what you need to do to make a reservation.
    • Go to www.pittrace.com/shop (We suggest doing this on a computer or going to the desktop version of the website on a mobile device)
    • Scroll down until you see the calendar
    • Advance the calendar to the month in which your event takes place.
    • Go to the day of move in for your event.  If the event starts on Friday you will be looking for the Thursday right before that event.
    • Select on Garage, Electric or the Camping Pass reservation for your event.
    • Click Buy Tickets
    • Go through the process of selecting the spot you want for Electric or Garage. If the spot is blue it is available to reserve.
    • Each event and selection must be checked out individually.  Sorry for the inconvenience.   You will get an email confirmation with your digital ticket for your reservation. Please either print this ticket out or have the digital version ready to show the gate when  you arrive. >>

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Re: PittRace online garage & camping reservations

Thanks for the heads up! Much Appreciated. I thought their new reservation system was pretty easy to use.

Cordoba

so this will be our second time at pitt race. we are not staying on site we will stay in one of the very exclusive and bougie hotels in wampum. do we still need to reserve/pay for a camping spot? is the paddock included and you can upgrade to power? last year we just signed up and paid for all of it and I figured if we could save a few bucks that that could go towards fixing the car when it breaks.

thanks for any info.

Dan

Team Captain: Highway to Schnell '06 VW GTI, it did run for a very short time! we will get there!
Team member: The Neighbors '89 Foxbody notchback 4 races, finished 2
no wins yet but hoping!

etb1009 wrote:

so this will be our second time at pitt race. we are not staying on site we will stay in one of the very exclusive and bougie hotels in wampum. do we still need to reserve/pay for a camping spot? is the paddock included and you can upgrade to power? last year we just signed up and paid for all of it and I figured if we could save a few bucks that that could go towards fixing the car when it breaks.

thanks for any info.

Dan

Paddock is included. Camping is only required if anyone on your team is staying overnight.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

etb1009 wrote:

very exclusive and bougie hotels in wampum.

Dan

??????

Cordoba

Jimmy wrote:
etb1009 wrote:

Dan

??????

I was making a joke about the hotels in the area

Team Captain: Highway to Schnell '06 VW GTI, it did run for a very short time! we will get there!
no wins yet but hoping!

etb1009 wrote:
Jimmy wrote:
etb1009 wrote:

Dan

??????

I was making a joke about the hotels in the area

I think he was surprised by the extent you would take irony

I got the joke that's for sure.....I had a particularly bad Wampum / Beaver Falls Ramada Inn story involving a Blind Dog, a Teen Pool Party, Hotel Security, a 2 am fire alarm and a very tired wife...... That one was a marriage tester.

But Hotel Accommodations aside.... We have found a few small old steel town local bars in the Wampum area that are cool and definitely off the beaten path.

Cordoba

Jimmy wrote:

I got the joke that's for sure.....I had a particularly bad Wampum / Beaver Falls Ramada Inn story involving a Blind Dog, a Teen Pool Party, Hotel Security, a 2 am fire alarm and a very tired wife...... That one was a marriage tester.

But Hotel Accommodations aside.... We have found a few small old steel town local bars in the Wampum area that are cool and definitely off the beaten path.

so last year me and another driver (owner of the mustang) booked a super 8 figuring they are not the best but normally clean and affordable. boy were we wrong. we walked in and it smelled like mold and rotting food as well as despair and old hookers (we were guessing that was the smell) we decided to go and get some food t what we assumed was a Buffett but ended up being an adult store, we found a cleaner hotel and quickly got a refund and left. we have a pretty high tolerance for crappy hotels and things but this was next level. the lady at the counter was not surprised and just shrugged lol.

we ended up at the ramada inn also and that was like the place in comparison !

I think we will be staying there again.

let us know where some of the local places are, the one we went to was not fantastic

no wins yet but hoping!