Topic: Looking for a lemon in Wi..

Newbie team, looking for our first car. Found a bunch of options, but instead of starting from scratch, we are entertaining, starting out in a car that is already passed tech and learning from there. Need to open up some shop space? Let us know. Thanks!

Re: Looking for a lemon in Wi..

Nice where are you at? I know of several teams in the Milwaukee area

We are up in Rhinelander ( or Hoth as we call it this time of year). We are hunting for our lemon but  -20 slows progress a bit.

If you are still looking for a car, I might have an option for you.

A 1990 Cutlass Ciera.

We have raced it a half a dozen times, most recently at Road America in October 2023.
In that race we threw a belt, it overheated and damaged the #4 piston.

The engine (V6 3800) could be rebuilt, or there is a spare engine/trans (V6 3300 original to the car) that could be installed.

It has passed tech every time with no issues.

It is currently located at the Wisconsin Illinois border.

Thanks Rookie. We actually picked up an old VW Golf ( that identifies as 70 Porsche 917).  Hopefully track ready by Autobahn.

Bdr529 wrote:

Newbie team, looking for our first car. Found a bunch of options, but instead of starting from scratch, we are entertaining, starting out in a car that is already passed tech and learning from there. Need to open up some shop space? Let us know. Thanks!

I might have an option for you.

located near SE Wisconsin, NE Illinois

Car is a 2011 VW Golf, 2 door
NA - 5cyl
Manual transmission
Starts and runs good, well maintained... needs a transaxle...
sitting on steelies
set of alloys available as well

thought of making my own Lemons project out of it, but would just as gladly know it was going to a team more ready than me at the moment. (...lol) I might even be available to help out?

if you're interested, let me know!

cheers

Bdr529 wrote:

Thanks Rookie. We actually picked up an old VW Golf ( that identifies as 70 Porsche 917).  Hopefully track ready by Autobahn.

...just saw this...
want another one i guess???
it is a great platform for this kind of thing...