1 (edited by EriktheAwful 2024-02-18 02:22 PM)

Topic: IOE Contender, "The Jaggernaut", $2000, Central Oklahoma

'87 Jaguar XJ-6 with a '76 Cadillac 500/TH400. Everything Lucas has been removed. The steering rack has been converted to manual steering. The brakes are Carbotech XP10s all around, but I still have a set of stock-type pads.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7B1UZZUfCsghEFAk9

This is "The Jaggernaut". It's been in two Lemons races and was not successful in either. Judge Sajeev loves it and has stated that it would be a solid contender for IOE if it would just stay on track.

What it needs:
My new dipstick routing doesn't clear the crankshaft. The engine needs to come back out and the dipstick fixed. These engines were front-sump from the factory and have been converted to rear sump, which meant bending a Chevy dipstick to fit

The wiring needs finished. It's 90% there. The wiring is color coded and I've diagrammed it out so that anybody can jump in and repair it.

A fire suppression system. The car was last raced pre-fire system rules.

A fuel cell. The factory twin 11-gallon tanks were gummed up and a pain to work with, so I ditched them for a temporary 16 gallon plastic fuel cell. Your chances of getting through tech with the plastic tank are slim.

Cage probably needs updated.

What you get: (NOTICE: Hood scoop not included as it belongs to someone else!)
For $2000 you get the car as it sits with the factory Kent wheels and fourteen year old tires. I'll throw in some of the spare Jag-specific parts I have laying around. At $2000, you're on your own.

For $3000 you get all the parts and spares I have. You get a spare 472 (price them out - big block Caddys run around $1000).  You get a spare set of 17x8" US Wheels 69 Series wheels with tires that aren't new but aren't quite dead yet. You get a spare set of '96 Corvette Gran Sport wheels with big, fat, trash tires on them. One of the pics shows one on the front - they don't fit on front; only on back. You get a complete power steering system, ready to refresh and install. If you're in the OKC area, I'll lend a hand when I can and I'll try and give up as much of my technical knowledge as I can.

The cool stuff:
Handbuilt headers and oil pan. 3" exhaust all the way out. I have spiral auger-style inserts for the outlets to bring the noise down if needed.

Both engines are cammed. The 500 has a Crane and the 472 has a Howards. The specs are almost identical. 240ish duration and .540ish lift, if I remember right.

The 500 also has a "budget" roller rocker conversion, an Edelbrock intake, and an Edelbrock 750.

I kinda don't want to sell, but I have too many projects and this one always moves too slowly. I'm not on the forum often, so email me at erikstrawn at yahoo.

Gallery: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3KkZL7Ud9VRUVXcF9

Re: IOE Contender, "The Jaggernaut", $2000, Central Oklahoma

Note that I am willing to trade for a clean first or second gen Cadillac CTS. Non-running is fine, but the body needs to be clean and the suspension not-bent.

I'll also consider 6.2, 6.0, and 4.8 LS motors and 4L80 transmissions.

cadillac FIVE HUNDRED?
that thing must weigh a bazillion pounds

Aluminum intake. It weighs less than a BBC. I think in stock trim with the iron intake it was only 40 lbs heavier than the Jag XK motor.