Topic: Pitt race practice update

I just spoke with the nice Pitt lady, and she said that (it sounds like) practice will be a bit different this year (I missed last year....not sure how that went....)
There will still be 2 sessions, but both will be open for Lemons cars.
you could sign up for both,  but then you need to pay TWICE the $365 fee , or $250 for just the afternoon...

still kind of sucks...hopefully they will change the format to open track like most places I've been to....maybe I'll send them a (polite) email inquiring about the logic, and educating them that many Lemons cars will need some repairs, tuning, adjustments over the course of practice that will result in missing their sessions....

and you sign up via the MotorsportsReg. site on line....

deadline I think was April 11

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Re: Pitt race practice update

This is dumb, but the same thing they did last year. Pittrace is the only place where you pay full price for half the practice.

At least they ditched the third HPDE run group from a few years back, but it would be much better if they just had open practice and black flagged all for corner worker lunch/restroom breaks.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Agreed, there's a reason that we don't do test day at Pitt, and lots of other teams don't either.  The juice isn't worth the squeeze.  They would make more money if they had an open day for sure.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

I wonder if Lemons has way to tell Pitt to change up the practice

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

From things I am seeing, PittRace is trying to find ways to charge for everything.

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

I know they are over charging for the test and tune day but we will still have to do it as we are bringing a brand new car and need to shake it out a little. I went to the pit trace website and could not find where to sign up for the test and tune, anyone know where to do that?

thanks!

Team Captain: Highway to Schnell '06 VW GTI, it did run for a very short time! we will get there!
Team member: The Neighbors '89 Foxbody notchback 4 races, finished 2
no wins yet but hoping!

etb1009 wrote:

I know they are over charging for the test and tune day but we will still have to do it as we are bringing a brand new car and need to shake it out a little. I went to the pit trace website and could not find where to sign up for the test and tune, anyone know where to do that?

thanks!

Its always on motorsportsreg:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/le … lex-605444

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

8 (edited by derekste 2024-03-07 01:29 PM)

We could all sign up for the afternoon session in protest.

edit: but that would be silly because the price structure seems fair

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

MZAVARIN wrote:

I just spoke with the nice Pitt lady, and she said that (it sounds like) practice will be a bit different this year (I missed last year....not sure how that went....)
you could sign up for both,  but then you need to pay TWICE the $365 fee , or $250 for just the afternoon...

still kind of sucks...hopefully they will change the format to open track like most places I've been to....maybe I'll send them a (polite) email inquiring about the logic, and educating them that many Lemons cars will need some repairs, tuning, adjustments over the course of practice that will result in missing their sessions....

I checked the site and it says $250 for the half-day (afternoon session only)
or $365 for the full day.

I don't see how you would have to pay $365 twice.

Chris

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

If you want to run all day, both sessions, you have to pay double. This is how Pitt has always run the test day.

#330 Rubber City Racing
#688 SHOuth of the Border

chaase wrote:
MZAVARIN wrote:

I checked the site and it says $250 for the half-day (afternoon session only)
or $365 for the full day.

I don't see how you would have to pay $365 twice.

Chris

I remember it being this way last year also, I think is was $350 last year I would have to double check but sounds like it is on trend for Pitt race

Team Captain: Highway to Schnell '06 VW GTI, it did run for a very short time! we will get there!
no wins yet but hoping!

My favorite is the picture they chose for the event... $500 cars my ass...

https://dl.motorsportreg.com/41f62db1-0ef0-4ccb-ae9f-1523939032b1/-/crop/960x540/0,50/-/preview/

I just signed up today and you don't pay twice, it is $250 for half day witch is in the afternoon or $365 for the full day

no wins yet but hoping!

etb1009 wrote:

I just signed up today and you don't pay twice, it is $250 for half day witch is in the afternoon or $365 for the full day

You are greatly misunderstanding what the "pay twice" pricing is.

Say you get put into "run group 1" and you paid for "full day registration"

This means your available track time when you are allowed on track will look something like:
9-9:30
10-10:30
11-11:30
lunch
1-1:30
2-2:30
3-3:30
4-4:30

Run group 2, which you are NOT IN, but COULD purchase a SECOND full day registration for, would have the alternating time slots:
9:30-10
10:30-11
11:30-12
lunch
1:30-2
2:30-3
3:30-4
4:30-5

This is what I mean when I say we're paying full price for HALF the driving. If there was only one run group, then 9-12 and 1-5 makes for much easier to practice time windows. Pitt says you can pay for the full day twice, which will put you in both run groups so you can use the track any time its open.

Don't forget you'll likely lose at least one slot to your Lemons tech time as well.

If you just purchased the afternoon session, then you only get 4x 30 minute time slots with your run group in the afternoon, Not 4 hours of time in both run groups...

15 (edited by MZAVARIN 2024-03-08 06:05 PM)

exactly
to run all day, you need to pay twice, and sign up for both (2) run groups
otherwise, they will only let you on the track every half hour (or so)
and
If you sign up only for the afternoon session, likely 1pm to 5pm /4 hour session, you will only get to be on track for 2 out of 4 hours
Otherwise, pay for both run groups....
kinda susks...especially if you need to go through tech during your run group, of if you need to fix something....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

16 (edited by kakarot1232001 2024-03-08 07:27 PM)

hpde style always sucks. but pitt is not the only track that does it like that

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),